WrongWay

How do you feel about revenge?

Someone hurts you - let it go
Someone hurts someone close to you - you should let it go, but if you can get away with it...

I always get more upset on behalf of someone else than I do for myself...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Let's say someone hurts you or someone close to you very badly.....do you let it go or do you get even?

Get even. It may be your cosmic responsibility to be Karma's instrument in giving them what they deserve.. If you don't heed that calling, you may be inviting bad karma on yourself. Get even just to make sure. I prefer to club a baby seal to death and leave it on their doorstep. Then call PETA.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

T'would greatly depend on the circumstances for me. For the most part, I let it go. But if the opportunity presents itself....>:(

Now if it's a tequila thief we're talking about, then all bets are off.

Sorry somebody got hurt.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

If there's law-breaking going on, do let the law in on it -- they're much more persistent than you'll ever be.

Don't hide things, don't protect people. Generally that's enough for them to suffer the consequences of their actions.

Other than that, well, plotting revenge is letting someone you dont' like take up space in your head. But doing better than they are is infinitely better and more satisfying.:ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Let's say someone hurts you or someone close to you very badly.....do you let it go or do you get even?

IMO, it's one of those things that you need to be very careful with. In most cases, revenge is a truly bad thing to do.

I've heard the saying that goes, "The best revenge is living well". I believe that to be great advice.

Walt

Everyone gets theirs in the end.

It may take awhile, but the universe must balance. You don't need to do anything at all; it will be done for you.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Make sure they know they've hurt you and why, then move on with your life.

I don't believe in revenge or grudges or lasting anger. It ends up doing me more harm than it does the "target." And like everyone else has said, karma's a bitch.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due." -Domitus Ulpian

Ideally, justice should prevail; give them what they deserve (if you can). That's my vote, speaking of, you shouldve made this thread a poll.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I just wrote this last night to a friend.

"The best thing to do when wronged is to take the high road and to try to move on. No sense in trying to hurt someone back. It's hard to be this way, but you will feel better once you have done the right thing. If you act out from pain, it will only cause more pain. Acting out in love will bring love back to you."

I agree with most everyone here. Being the bigger person will give you more satisfaction.

However, I was thinking about the Natalee Holloway case (my apologies to those who haven't followed it). I think it is time for her family to hire a Soldier of Fortune to kidnap the two brothers, hold a gun to their head and assure them that if they don't reveal where her body is, the walls will be painted with their brains.:)