DJL

Most boring televised professional team sport

I'm the kind of person who's not interested in an activity that I'm not directly involved in. I also have the opinion that most people watch professional athletics just so they can talk about it at the office the next day with their fantasy pools. I love watching college sports because it's all about sportsmanship and loyalty to your team. In the professional leagues it's mostly jack-asses out for their own contract. So, I find most professional sports to be pretty boring.
I'm interested in seeing what other people think. I limited this to team sports that most of the collective actually watches. Pick the two most boring.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Golf should definitely be up there along with bowling!!!!

Doug's talking about "team" sports. Unless, of course, he's including the Ryder Cup competition between the U.S. and the Europeans... ;)

Watching golf on TV in general? BOOOOOOOring!! :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think I'm missing something!!!

Yes, you are missing something. And don't bother to check your home movie collection, they're all there...
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

synchronised swimming:S:S:S
On the other hand, one of my favourites is 'kabbadi'

Rules, you can't breathe in the oppositions half- QUALITY!

Wish they's bring it back to our television screens:)
for those of you who don't know.....
http://www.kabaddi.org/
RED LIGHTS & OFF LANDINGS ARE JUST MY THANG
http://www.redlightrob.co.uk

On the other hand, one of my favourites is 'kabbadi'

dear god thats great!

i'm a big hockey fan - sick of all the contract bull but glad to see its coming back

basketball definitely does not do it for me either - watching people run back and forth is not exciting- except for the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter - thats the only time worth watching :)

i dunno most sports are better to watch when you're actually there... theyre not bad at home but definitely more exciting in the venue
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

gofl and tennis. ewwww. :P:D

For sure golf is up there. I find womens tennis better than mens tennis. At least in the womens the game they rally a bit. The mens game is all power with hardly any rallys. Now that's boring ... :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

gofl and tennis. ewwww. :P:D

For sure golf is up there. I find womens tennis better than mens tennis. At least in the womens the game they rally a bit. The mens game is all power with hardly any rallys. Now that's boring ... :P

you just like the way the women grunt when they hit the ball. admit it. :P:D:D;)

Dude, I'm seriously riveted when curling is on.

Off topic, but have you seen Men with Brooms?

Love that movie! And I find curling amusing to watch on TV. I've even tried it in person - the local curling place has an open house every so often and they teach you the basics. I also really respect a sport where there's a bar in the observation gallery. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The best televised sport is those Robot Wars shows.B|

Is that the one with Mick Foley, aka Cactus Jack as the moderator? It's a cool show. Haven't seen it in a while though...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...you just like the way the women grunt when they hit the ball. admit it.

Gotta go to women's volleyball for female grunting...

Which one, the indoor 6 women team sport or the 2 women, bikini-clad outdoor beach team sport? :ph34r:

i'm a big hockey fan -

watching people run back and forth is not exciting- except

the back and forth thing - well that's how I feel about hockey and soccer pass/run/pass/skate/pass/goback/pass/yawn

Most pro sports are boring to watch. It's why they have beer concessions......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants