Scoop

Got an Icon? Post pics...

Have you got an Aerodyne Icon?

If so post pics. Similar to the 'Got Wings?' thread.

I'm paticularly interested to see what the larger ones look like, in my case an I6 as that's what I have just ordered. Some rigs look prettier than others in the larger sizes and others in smaller sizes.

Thanks,

Sam

Here's a few pics of my (nearly) new Icon I6. It's only got 7jumps on it and i'm jumping a 210sqft Pilot in it with a Smart reserve. Soft handles, Freefly pud and i love it.;)

Obviously the massive ZP canopy doesn't put a smile on my face when it comes to packing but the ride is sweet and it even tries to behave like a 170sqft!!

Hope that helps and i know you'll love your new rig. By the way what size are you getting?
JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK-SLEEP-JUMP-PACK

Here's a few pics of my (nearly) new Icon I6. It's only got 7jumps on it and i'm jumping a 210sqft Pilot in it with a Smart reserve.

What is the little 'white-thingy' on the left riser?

I enlarged the pic but couldn't tell if it was something attached to the big ring or to the riser.
What is that?

That left riser assembly does not look right.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Thanks.

I've ordered an I6 with 188 Pilot and 190 Smart.

Used to have a Wings with Silhouette 210 so it will be interesting to see how compares. Here are my designs...

... and yeah. Something does look odd with the 3 ring assembly on the left riser, at least at the bottom anyway. Do you know what it is or can you provide a close up picture?

here's a better pic of the rings hopefully you can see it better cos i can only upload small pictures on here. the whit-thingy is just a sticker that was on the riser when it was new. i don't think there is anything wrong with the 3 ring system but if you can see anything wrong let me know. always better for a second opinion.:o
JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK-SLEEP-JUMP-PACK-JUMP-PACK

I6, has had Pilots (188 and 168), a demo Smart 175 and a Lightning 176 in there at different times. Smart 175 as a reserve all its life.

I really liked my Icon and would buy another one; I think they look great in smaller sizes.

It'll be for sale soon, but I probably have a buyer already. And it's sized for the, er, larger gentleman.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

here's a better pic of the rings hopefully you can see it better cos i can only upload small pictures on here. the whit-thingy is just a sticker that was on the riser when it was new. i don't think there is anything wrong with the 3 ring system but if you can see anything wrong let me know. always better for a second opinion.

You might want to think of removing the sticker before the fashion police cite you.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

good luck with the whole "white" thing!!:S

The key is to not fall down ;);) (yes i'm half joking here, packing and sitting on the plane does enough to make a rig dirty...but still:P)

Your right...white is difficult. More white than I've ever had before. I'm not above having my rig washed if needed. :)

Hi peggs,

Not directed at you; you're just the last post here.

For the record: I am not against magnets in/on a rig. But I think, that at some time, they might cause some potential problems.

So you through your rig into the washing machine on the gentle cycle. The magnets hold it to the side of the drum and it does not get properly agitated.

Also, almost all dirt has iron in it. The magnets will attract that dirt due to the iron, causing this area of your rig to get dirty faster & make it very difficult to get the dirt/iron out.

Just some thoughts,

JerryBaumchen

Good point....

As of right now, no magnets are available in Icon's, but it may be something to think about when designing your rig of the future with magnetic riser covers or whatever else people think to put them on!

As side note to that, my wingsuits have magnets in multiple places, and I constantly find small pieces of metal attracted to them. Where it comes from? I don't know, but also a side effect to be aware of...do you want metal shards attracted to your rig??

Nice .... I hope that he gave you discount for advertising!!

Now get the fucking thing on your back and stop being such a big girls blouse!!!!

As well as payment over 12 months.

Scoop was a great customer who got a very cheap rig.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store