watchdog2

Skydiving Pet Peeves

I give the poster credit for not being a post whore and also having the balls to speak his mind in front of such a perfect audience.

I'm not perfect. I was wrong once....and that's when I THOUGHT I was wrong but I was actually right! :ph34r:

J/k folks.

Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and you stand alone.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The really cool thing is the "Hey Asshole" saying isn't on his list.B|:P:D

Come on people quit taking life so serious and laugh every once in awhile.

I found the list hilarious.

My pet peeve is whiny pilots!!!!!!!!:ph34r: Watchdog will get that one.

Come on people quit taking life so serious and laugh every once in awhile.

No :P

One of my biggest peeves is people that say "pre second" instead of just saying "first." Do they realize how stupid they sound?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

3. crazy-ass personalities
4. people who are so weird that you can't even have a normal
conversation
with them

Hey, I resemble that remark...

5. people who, just before loading, interrogate EVERYONE (almost to
the
point of a full body cavity search) on the load, wondering if they
are
freeflying, belly flying etc....ALL I gotta say is just SHUT UP AND
GET
ON
cause everybody else is watching and will naturally board in the
proper
order...

As a Novice jumper I don't usually know when I need to get on... not yet at least... I'm getting to understand but as yet its still not clear to me... please I like to be told where to be on the load...

19. Skydivers who refuse to jump when there is a little cloud
directly underneath them. Ever heard of drift??

Isn't there something in the BSRs about visibility above and below the dive run? I can drift but there can also be something in the cloud that I might just fall into...

Scott

I got nothing... is it just me or is this more a rant and rave? and should be thrown on the bonfire...

have you ever seen a bunch of dorks getting on the plane at Perris? Christ-on-a-stick they can't find their asshole with two hands sometimes.

This is interesting... I actually just jumped out at Perris for the first time last weekend, and found that nobody even discussed exit order until about 10k. Of course, being a still fairly inexperienced skydiver at a new DZ, I simply went with the flow. I thought that it might have been unique to my load, but perhaps should think otherwise?

Because with the extensive array of personality types, skill levels, and goals there are more things to poke fun at. I think his list is funny and lighthearted, and that the good outweighs simply shaking your head and laughing at an 8-video angle freefly. Why? Because then it wouldn't be skydiving without videoing EVERYTHING.

Wow. I thought it was cynical and bitter and arrogant. And what was that about a pilot saying he was going to refuse to go-around on final for a skydiver on the runway? Sounds like great judgment to me. :S

I dunno, the poster just doesn't sound like someone cheery to be around.

My biggest peeve about skydiving is packing in the godawful Florida heat in a non-air-conditioned packing hangar. I love just about everything else! :)
Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

5) I half agree with you, but have you ever seen a bunch of dorks getting on the plane at Perris? Christ-on-a-stick they can't find their asshole with two hands sometimes.

I'm -frequently- the last person to board the plane (because of what I do), but I can count on one hand the number of times anybody has ever had to wait even a couple of seconds for me -- usually because I was doing a back to back and got held up for some reason.

I can NOT count the number of times I've had to wait or hold the plane for jackasses that for some reason can't be bothered to watch the TVs with the countdown clocks on them or listen to the boarding calls.

It's just a matter of getting to the freekin' aircraft on time. What's so freekin' difficult? I think it's rude and obnoxious to not be ready to go when the plane pulls in. Not only that, but those jackasses are only wasting fuel and driving up jump prices.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

my biggest pet peeve is 50 jump wonders trying to flyhead down flocking all over the damn sky and then telling everyone how stable they were and how they can tell there falling straight down on solos. there damn ego and ignorance puts others in danger.
#2 freeflyers who claim there so dialed in there sit, so you agree to jump with them and they do one of 2 things... either almost kill us both with a big stupid smile on there face, (cuz to them the skydive is going great), or lock into this catatonic sit position and just sit there and blink while you fly your foot into their damn hand repeatidly until you finaly break off waking them out of there terrified state so they can pull, land and tell people how they got 3 docks on you!!!! lmao!!!

p.s i did all these things myself when i was green. ahhh ignorance is bliss eh folks.

good thread that felt wonerful!!! aghhhh!@!

50 jump wonders trying to flyhead down flocking all over the damn sky and then telling everyone how stable they were

all i know is that at 50 jumps i was stable , then spent another 100 learning that i wasn't B|

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

This is the pre-second time I've replied to one of
your posts.

PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND
PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND PRE-SECOND
__

My mighty steed

Man you sure do dislike a lot of stuff, and I am not so sure your likes are universal.:S

I thought this thread was going to be about fun stuff like finding out you have to go for a pee right after you have put all your kit on, or discovering that the bag of elastics you just bought are about as elastic as rope.
Blue Skies
SoftNotes
"That's not flying.... that's falling with style!"

or that the only time your rubber bands break is when there are none available... You forget to take a cellphone/cigarettes/pull up cord etc when you land out (really out)...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It's really annoying to see
Words type
Written
this!

Try
Not Hitting
the
enter button
quite
so
often.

My biggest pet peeve is intolerance.

My most favorite: learing to excell in a common goal by helping and bringing positive optimism to the sport.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is interesting... I actually just jumped out at Perris for the first time

BEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I hope he wasn't too serious about the beer thing B|

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

You know, compared to this guy, Ron sounds like Mr. Rogers.

Actually, I know and like Ron (in a hetero,shaking-hands-only way ;)). He gets pissed about a lot of the same stuff that I do, but takes the on-line heat for it.

People who get pissed off for reasons are ok. I hate whiny people that sound like my buddy's daughter when she needs a nap. :D