skydiverek

--> Dacron lined Spectre 190 in Infinity I-45: WILL IT FIT?

How old is the rig? With age (I've been told) you get a little more wiggle room. The Infinity I-45 supports a 190 (http://www.velocityrigs.com/support.php?link=containerSize) and may support a little extra room if it's not brand new.

Warning: I have no idea, I'm a noob, I jump a similar rig but it's old and very stretchy so fits lots of stuff in it. I've put a spectre 190 in mine but it had spectra (I think) lines.

Dacron adds a lot to the pack volume. Dacron lined canopies pack at least a half if not a full size larger then their microlined counterparts. If the 190 is currently tight then relining it in Dacron is only going to stress the seams and grommets possibly to the point of damaging the rig.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Currently, I jump Spectre 190 with 825 lbs Microline - it fits fine with a very shorty closing loop. Now, I want to reline it with Dacron.

Does anyone have expreinence with Dacron lined Spectre 190 in Infinity I-45? How is the fit???

Thanks in advance!

I believe 1st number is the reserve, second is the main trays. an I54 is made for a 189 zp microlined main, and a 169 fit in there nice. I would guess that a -45 would fit a 190 with dacron fairly tight, but I have not tried myself.

Currently, I jump Spectre 190 with 825 lbs Microline - it fits fine with a very shorty closing loop. Now, I want to reline it with Dacron.

Does anyone have expreinence with Dacron lined Spectre 190 in Infinity I-45? How is the fit???

Thanks in advance!

Just remember that you cannot use metal links with the rubber bumpers with Dacron lines, the cat eye will get stuck as it goes thru the slider grommet. Will need soft links to make the room.
Dacron lines on a spectre are great! You'll love it.

Just remember that you cannot use metal links with the rubber bumpers with Dacron lines, the cat eye will get stuck as it goes thru the slider grommet. Will need soft links to make the room.

Yeah, I actually plan to put on the Reserve Slinks (which are longer) to make room, since I will have a combination of thicker Dacron lines and wider webbing (Type 8 risers).

SP190 with Dacron will do fine in I-45,,
cuz I've packed some asshole's SA210 into I-45, and if that fits in there then SP190 with Dacron will fit in...

Was it in Florida or other place with high humidity? I know it affects the pack volume, too (kind of like forming a ball from dry, and then wet paper) - better results when wet/humid.

Yeah, I actually plan to put on the Reserve Slinks (which are longer) to make room, since I will have a combination of thicker Dacron lines and wider webbing (Type 8 risers).

Yeah I prefer metal, so I went with reserve slinks as well when I was forced to go that way. I have the PD hats or slink cover on them.

Enjoy

Yeah I prefer metal, so I went with reserve slinks as well when I was forced to go that way. I have the PD hats or slink cover on them.

Enjoy

But I bet you have Type 17 risers (narrow). I believe that PD Hats are only for those type of risers. True?

Wide Type 8 risers (which I have) should be wide enough to stop the descending slider by themselves. Correct? Or are there PD Hats for Type 8 risers, too?

gee,,when did metal links,bumpers and Dacron become incompatible ?[:/]

that is what i said after getting the canopy hooked up, apparently the size of the slider grommet has changed. PD didnt believe me when I told them my problem, so I shipped the canopy back with the risers on it and they saw my problem. My spectre is 2 years old, with mini risers.

Reminds me of when mini risers came out, took one look and thought "are you kidding me?"

Enjoy

But I bet you have Type 17 risers (narrow). I believe that PD Hats are only for those type of risers. True?

Wide Type 8 risers (which I have) should be wide enough to stop the descending slider by themselves. Correct? Or are there PD Hats for Type 8 risers, too?

Yes I have the mini, I believe the large risers will stop the slider, but you still want to protect the slinks from the slider grommet. Its been a while since I have jumped with large risers so I may be mistaken, and I am sure your local rigger can cover the slinks for you if necessary.