bloody_trauma

Benchmade Rescue Hook

anyone here carry one or a similar benchmade product? I have a model 6 (the one with the green handle) that i carry and that sucker cuts through everything like butter...

I have the 7 and 8 rescue hook for work use,both are scary sharp. Benchmade is currently working on making a variation to the #8 based on the specifications that I provided to them. I should have a prototype as soon as it's ready.I have no doubts it will be as sharp as all of their other products.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I saw the #8 at a trade show in Malaysia. It seemed a little too small to get a good grip on. The sleeve needed some improvements too as it didn't release very smoothly.

All the other Benchmade knives are awesome though.

The revised version of the #8 they are working on for me will address some of the issues you mentioned. I look forward to seeing what they come up with.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I saw the #8 at a trade show in Malaysia. It seemed a little too small to get a good grip on. The sleeve needed some improvements too as it didn't release very smoothly.

All the other Benchmade knives are awesome though.

Seems like that is problematical with most of BM's nylon sheaths (as opposed to the hard plastic - I have no experience with those ones).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706