west33freefall

Packing Question?

When setting your risers in place on the container there is always the excess lines in between the riser end and the d-bag. How does everyone else stow these excess lines? Where do you place the lines as you put the risers into place? I wonder if container designers ever thought about puting some kind of band stow for the excess lines to ensure they don't get tangles with the bites on the d-bag?

Just lay them in the bottom of the pack tray, so that the bag lays on top of them. Try to avoid putting any at the bottom, where the line stows will go. You can figure-8 them if there is a lot. Just make sure that they are laying in the order that they come out, i.e. lines leading to the bag on top and lines leading to risers on bottom.

There should be 18 inches to two feet of loose suspension lines between risers and d-bag.
Any less than that and you risk snagging lines under the lower corners of the reserve container causing line twists or - ever worse - tearing the reserve container off!

Just lay the risers and excess loose lines straight down the sides of the main container. Just lay loose line in the main pack tray.
Lay d-bag in container and close.

There should be 18 inches to two feet of loose suspension lines between risers and d-bag.

Just curious as to the reference for that...

Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Just curious as to the reference for that...

PD packing video recommends at least 18 inches slack.

Vector 2 & 3 manuals recommend 15 inches.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706