chris

Free Skydiving Screen Saver - 47 Pictures

Anyone who knows me knows how much I like to share the images I create while skydiving. It's my passion.

Now I'm making a FREE screen saver available with 47 images from all diciplines. No unlock code is needed, all 47 images will display. There is no timeout and there are no limitations.

Free download - Skydiving Screen Saver

This is not a product for sale or trade. It's just a way of sharing some cool skydiving pictures. Enjoy!
- Chris Norton
Vivid Views: Thousands of skydiving pictures online

Nikon N90s
Nikon D70
Nikon F100

Plus various filters, speed lights (flash heads), etc. If you want more details, you can find each image in the screen saver on my web site. From the image details page, click the CAMERA tab to see what camera was used, film type, shutter speed, etc. etc.
- Chris Norton

The download does not contain any spyware, as detected by AdAware version 6.

However, Mr. Norton has a link to 1-800-SKYRIDE on his website. You may note that the individuals running that enterprise (Messrs. Ben Butler and Cary Quatrocchi) have had their personal USPA memberships and the group memberships of their dropzones REVOKED FOR LIFE.

Each of the frames in the screensaver also has Mr. Norton's website name (vividviews.com); this appears to be contradictory to the forum rules:

"You will not advertise or solicit other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services for that purpose through this discussion forum. In ALL our forums, chain letters and junk mail are strictly prohibited. The advertising policy covers all aspects of the forums including avatars and signatures. Use the Classifieds section for all advertising and see the Advertising pages for more information about how to advertise on Dropzone.com via banners, block ads or forum sponsorships."

If I'm wrong about this being against forum rules, I stand corrected.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Regarding advertising, I repeat that I am not trying to sell or trade anything with this screen saver. In fact, I've disabled the free user registration that's usually required for downloading my web site's content.

The watermark on each of my screen saver images is to protect them against image theft. Without a watermark, anyone can use them and claim them as their own. In fact, one of the very first images I put on the internet did not have a URL mark and I found it was used on one of the 1-800-SKYRIDE partner web sites. I had to go to great lengths to get it removed.

So PLEASE tell me where I have a link to 1-800-SKYRIDE. I certainly have never placed a link to them in any of my pages and if you've found one I definitely want to know where and how it got there.

One final thought. Sangiro himself suggested to me long ago that I should post in the forums when I add new pictures to my web site. I still have the saved email so I hardly think that giving away a free screen saver with my pictures watermarked for their protection qualifies as advertising. If it does then there would be no way for me to ever share my work freely with the skydiving community via these forums. Personally I think that would be a sad loss for everyone including anyone else who might want to share their passion.

Hopefully I've cleared up any misconceptions here.

Cheers!

[Edit: Wanted to add "including anyone else"]
- Chris Norton

I've done a number of events with Chris as the video person. I think you have misunderstood Chris's intentions.

Chris, when I have some time, I'll be sure to get the download. I love the work you do.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

All I can say is WOW!B| What a great screensaver you have created! I'm glad you made it available....big THANKS..... now if only KATRINA will GO AWAY!!!![:/]

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Absolutely not. I hate SpyWare and I hate SPAM too.

My plain easy to read privacy policy:
http://vividviews.com/privacy

Basically I don't want your personal information and I don't want people to steal my stuff. (I give much of it away for free.)

I know it was a joke but I wanted to chime in anyway
- Chris Norton

markharju was almost correct. I had linked to a web site 2 years ago that was about skydiving. Since then, that web site updated their home page to link to 1-800-SKYRIDE.

So I never actually linked to 1-800-SKYRIDE directly and I have now updated my text also.
- Chris Norton

Nice pix, Chris!

When I fired it up in Preview mode, I was really taken back when the first picture was of the rear of the CSS Casa that I took my first jump from!

Good stuff!

Those that have not jumped can not understand
Those that have jumped can not explain.

Got it downloaded. Wow! Great pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to get it on my computer at work:S

I know I'm in some of those bigways, but it goes too fast for me to find myself[:/]

After all, it is all about me:P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I know I'm in some of those bigways, but it goes too fast for me to find myself[:/]

That's easy. Just right-click on the desktop and choose "Properties". Then select the "Screen Saver" tab. Then click the "Settings" button. From there you can change the duration each image is displayed from the default 7 seconds to something longer.
- Chris Norton

:ph34r:With great difficulty!

In all honesty, that shot is hard to do because it's a challenging manual exposure meaning I couldn't use auto anything from the camera. It involves tables and calculations and some educated guessing to make minor adjustment to some variables.

The exposure was more than one second during which I set up my flash to fire 4 times. Each flash in the frame is only 1/4 of the total output possible. With such a weak light, you need something reflective to help. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at the jumper's clothing and his canopy.
- Chris Norton

:ph34r:With great difficulty!

In all honesty, that shot is hard to do because it's a challenging manual exposure meaning I couldn't use auto anything from the camera. It involves tables and calculations and some educated guessing to make minor adjustment to some variables.

The exposure was more than one second during which I set up my flash to fire 4 times. Each flash in the frame is only 1/4 of the total output possible. With such a weak light, you need something reflective to help. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at the jumper's clothing and his canopy.

Wow man, that's a lot of work - it sure paid off though, the shot is fantastic. I also really like the "out of the door" shots that capture the "void" and feeling of getting ready to hop out into it really nicely. Thanks again

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts