RkyMtnHigh

William Brightwell...Gold Coast

Here's the latest....

Day 14 - William is still unconscious, but tonight at our 8pm visiting hour, he made the first response to a verbal command. I asked him to hold two fingers out and he did. Since I thought he could hear me, I started to tell him where he was and what happened to him. In the middle of my rundown, I asked him to move a finger if he could hear and understand me and he moved the finger. So, I definitely think we are getting closer to him waking up.

Edited to change "verbal response" to "response to a verbal command." I thought the previous sounded like he talked or something.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Here's the latest....

Day 14 - William is still unconscious, but tonight at our 8pm visiting hour, he made the first verbal response. I asked him to hold two fingers out and he did. Since I thought he could hear me, I started to tell him where he was and what happened to him. In the middle of my rundown, I asked him to move a finger if he could hear and understand me and he moved the finger. So, I definitely think we are getting closer to him waking up.

WOO-HOO!!! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I went visit william yesturday and he is looking so awesome....he was wiggling his toes when laurel tickled them and he moved his fingers when his mom and sister were talking to him...I was so exicited and I am sure laurel is too....
Jana
pms #254

I have not stopped thinking about the two of you since this happened. I don't think I know a woman with a stronger institution than you, and William must be so very proud of your strength. I am certain that he can't wait to wake up and see you and your little curly-q's!
I pray for both of you every day.

much love,
gillian

Day 18: I'm writing this for Laurel because William has been moved to a room and she is spending all her time there. He is still unconscious and has assisted breathing with a trach tube. The doctors have decided not to operate on his neck and are about to release him to a long term care facility. Laurel is searching now in the Pensacola area so he can be close to his family. I wish I had better news to report.

Day 18: I'm writing this for Laurel because William has been moved to a room and she is spending all her time there. He is still unconscious and has assisted breathing with a trach tube. The doctors have decided not to operate on his neck and are about to release him to a long term care facility. Laurel is searching now in the Pensacola area so he can be close to his family. I wish I had better news to report.

Thanks so much for the update Mike. I miss you all and my love and prayers for Laurel and William continue.[:/] God's hand and his angels are with William...I believe in miracles:)...especially now.

There are plenty of skydivers here in the pensacola area, and most of us know or know of William. Please pass on to Laurel that if there is ANYTHING she needs or needs done in this area to let us know. I will help out any way I can. Thoughts and prayers!

Thanks so much to Emerald Coast Skydivers for your contributions...Timber told me what you guys are doing and I love you all so much for your compassion and generosity. This is truly what skydiving is all about, isn't it? unconditional love and support for our loved ones...I'm so homesick....you guys are nothing short of the BEST!

There are plenty of skydivers here in the pensacola area, and most of us know or know of William. Please pass on to Laurel that if there is ANYTHING she needs or needs done in this area to let us know. I will help out any way I can. Thoughts and prayers!

What Bill said. Just let us know what we can do!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Day 20 - William is out of ICU and in his own room. As of today, he held up 2 fingers after being asked once, and he reached out to touch some flowers that Ian, Katie, Brie and Travis sent him (thanks guys). I almost started crying. His eyes are open and I am positive that he can hear and understand everything around him but just has a lot of trouble with his motor functions. He cannot move his legs as of yet, but I believe that is only due to his lack of motor function. He also cannot move his mouth to try to speak, but I know he is trying. These limited movements are a huge step and exhausted him to the point of heavy sweating and eventually a nice long nap, but I have to remember that the swelling in his brain has not subsided. That will take about 3 months.

We are looking into nursing homes for William in the Pensacola area and will transfer him as soon as we find one that will take him.

THANK YOU so much for your letters, cards, emails, and PMs. He is on his way to an incredible recovery only due to your love and his strength.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M