Elisha

Thanks for the Welcome, Byron!

Had a great pre-Boogie visit to Byron on Saturday! Thank you to all you Byron folk - it was great meeting you and can't wait until my next visit.

I want to especially thank:
TallGuy and Cornholio - for greeting me as I arrived (even though Cornholio thought I was someone else at first).
Clay - for issuing a master rigger opinion on my cutaway handle and deeming it safe.
GravityGirl - for being nice, fixing the little bulge in my brake line and volunteering Aaron's nice new rig for me to demo.
Dennis, Dave, Mad John and the other guy (sorry I forgot your name - for the 3 & 4-ways. Fun jumps!
Aaron - for letting me demo your rig. Sure you don't want to trade? B|
Christa - for remembering me, letting me attempt to track with you guys, and helping me with my stows.

...and everyone else who I may have forgotten. Look forward to my next visit.

I think the term Byron love is only vague to those who have never experienced it.. B|

I heard you should wash your hands after you feel the Byron love. Or, if you're still out at the DZ, at least use some hand sanitizer till you can get to running water. :S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How's this for poetic justice. Late morning, sitting in my chair, I reach up and stretch....and pull a muscle in my back. :S Much more inconvenient than the little scrape and bruise from the downwinder. I hate my scoliosis ridden back!

boobs help.

Seriously. I gauge a new DZ by how friendly people are towards me versus, say, my girlfriend. It's a bummer when you ask people get on a jump with them and they kinda shrug or pretend they're busy. People are more than willing to be 'helpful' when you're a chick, especially a really cute chick. I met a couple of nice folks there, but it's not worth it when you drop twenty-bucks and have to do a solo because you can't find someone to get on a jump with.

Now, Lodi has $5 hop-n-pops, so who needs to find cohorts :P

-R

Had a great pre-Boogie visit to Byron on Saturday! Thank you to all you Byron folk - it was great meeting you and can't wait until my next visit.

I want to especially thank:
TallGuy and Cornholio - for greeting me as I arrived (even though Cornholio thought I was someone else at first).
Clay - for issuing a master rigger opinion on my cutaway handle and deeming it safe.
GravityGirl - for being nice, fixing the little bulge in my brake line and volunteering Aaron's nice new rig for me to demo.
Dennis, Dave, Mad John and the other guy (sorry I forgot your name - for the 3 & 4-ways. Fun jumps!
Aaron - for letting me demo your rig. Sure you don't want to trade? B|
Christa - for remembering me, letting me attempt to track with you guys, and helping me with my stows.

...and everyone else who I may have forgotten. Look forward to my next visit.

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

It's a bummer when you ask people get on a jump with them and they kinda shrug or pretend they're busy.

That happened to you in Byron? Recently? I am sorry to hear that and quite surprised.
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures