arl120384

Slider Stowing; On Wings Vision Rigs

Hey all,

Im looking for a way to stow my slider behind my head on a Wings Vision. Due to the size of the reserve flap I dont think the typical ball and elastic method will work. I would also like to avoid sewing velcro an my RW suit as I jump in shorts a lot. Any Ideas? Also, I saw an RW team at my DZ yesterday that had a neat way of stowing their slider. There was an elastic base that wrapped arouns the reserve flap with another elastic loop perpindicular to that to stow the slider. It has a Skysystems name on it but I couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks for the help.

ARL

I'm sorta wondering why you're stowing a slider at 80 jumps. Are you just naturally talented and already swooping?? I've got over 300 junps and see no need to stow the slider at my current experience level.

Why not just get a removable slider?
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Stowing the slider will make even larger canopies fly a little better, but the real reason I started stowing mine (which I didn't do until ~250 jumps, but now wish I'd done sooner) was because I noticed how much damage it was doing to the bottoms of my lines. With each jump it would just beat them up more and more.

I have over 1400 jumps and have never stowed my slider behind my head. I finally got some slider stops (slink hats) when I got my canopy relined last year (at least 800 jumps or more on the lines and no major wear, just out of trim). I just haven't found the need, and it complicates things. I think most people do it because they see other people doing it, not for the performance increase or to prevent wear on their lines.

Dave