swedishcelt

Help me with my collection.

Yup, along the side was a big door, wider than an Otter. The tail was low so we still had to exit single file.

Side view (not taken at Rantoul)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Here is some pics from the outside. B|

The pics are a little interesting because of a few factors.
- The plane is going 155mph away from us.
- This is the early days of digital photography and the camera is freaking out. Imagine the "auto-still" feature going "what the ???". :D There is parts in the film where it is trying to re-adjust the pixels and you get some weird effects.
- It is a standard freefall lens, so we wanted nice close-ups, not long distance shots.
- We are all over the sky for a moment because of the wash.

This one was brought in for a couple of days of jumping at the World Pops meet at Matamata a couple of years ago. They removed the right side "blister" (no easy feat - hundreds of bolts holds it on), and we exited single file from there.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/WanakaWarbirds/Catalina/InTheAir/

(Edited to make "clicky")

Speed 155mph. The exit is like a freight train hitting you.

Grips were allowed. What we did was hold the person ahead of you with our right hand and the person ahead of them with your left. Harness or legstrap.

When you started down the ramp, the guy in front yells "tighten up" and you all pull in hard. When the first two are off the ramp, the pull on them is so hard that it pulls you down the ramp. I was number 9, so my feet didn't touch the last half of the ramp.

Once you get out, the wind blasts you apart. The grips are just to try and stay somewhere close.

We had one guy go low, 21 seconds. Unfortunately, second place doesn't get anything. One team did two tries and never built a round. At $59 a ticket, that gets expensive.

Most of my pics are 3x5s, not digital, unfortunately.