d123

dye jumpsuit

I've recently bought a cotton jumpsuit (booties) really cheap. The color of the jump is awful. I want to change the color but I don't know how. Anybody has experience with that?

Regards,
Jean-Arthur Deda.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

It might work. Be prepared for the thread to not take the dye well. Also, are the booties and grippers made of different fabric than the jumpsuit? There is a good chance it will be very different than you hope if you dye it, but it may be OK. Be prepared for it to be even uglier, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Also, if you do it in a washing machine, you had better be the owner of the machine, or prepare to incur the wrath of the owner if you don't clean it out better than you think you need to.

Either way, it is good for your character to wear the ugliness proudly.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

You think, it's ugly now... try dying it! I have seen several jumpsuits that people tried to change the color of the suit by dying it and it just don't work. Also, when you try to dye a jumpsuit and later sweat in it, the color will bleed onto your clothing and skin. Like the man said... "you bought it ugly... wear it ugly!"

Chuck

Ya bought it ugly ~ wear it ugly!

Guys, when I say ugly I mean GAY ugly (not that's anything wrong with being gay :)I do see your point regarding the color bleeding.

I'll probably fly it like it is. I'm considering placing a patch that says I'm cheap not gay!

Regards,
Jean-Arthur Deda.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

I wish, that were always the case! Purple is a good color. I knew a jumper who died an old red jumpsuit black. It came-out a dark OD-green!!! It looked like somebody slung horse shit at it!:D:D:D He asked me if, I could do anything with it. I asked if, he had some charcoal starter and a match!:D:D

Chuck

It takes a manly man to jump pink!

If you are a real man, people will look past your pink jumpsuit.

I think used gear in bright colors send the message that you're not spending all your money on matching new gear, and are jumping instead. And I thought that men liked the "I don't care too much about appearance and clothes and make up" image.

I plan to order a new custom made pink jumpsuit, and the one I have already has pink grippers, but I can wear anything: I'm a girl!;)

I know there are real gay skydivers out there, but the ones I've met camouflaged themselves in black jumpsuits. And the guy with magenta grippers and half pink half lemon yellow spectre was straight.

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I did a jump a couple years ago at a local ranch with the owner's son. I was there to help work cattle and the kid's dad owned a Cessna! His mom and sister were watching us come in to land. After the landing, I gathered-up my Navy and pink canopy and the mom looked at me and said; "You are assured of your masculinity!" I just smiled and said; "Yes ma'am!"

Chuck

Sorry...I'm a LIFE MEMBER of S.A.P.S :)

Skydivers Against Pink Shit! :ph34r:

Then you are against ME? :o Even most of my skin is pink(ish)!

:D
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?