adrianpolanski

How to buy USED container?

Have the local rigger act as a middle man who holds your money and the rig until the container is inspected and verified to be what was advertised, and he sends the money and hands you the container at the same time. Make sure to throw a little money the riggers way over an above the inspection price for helping you out.

Serials are ok to start with but there have been lots of people posting fake ads where they will find an ad for a rig today, copy all the photos, text, etc and then come back in 3 months and try to list the rig as their own. High res photos or different photos then what is in their ad helps weed those out.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Have the local rigger act as a middle man ... and he sends the money and hands you the container at the same time.

It never worked for me. I had huge difficulties to arrange that each time when I asked the seller for. Specially if you're from overseas and you're buying from US. (I don't know why)
However I haven't have any problems buying in Europe where I live.

High resolution pictures, pictures with the owner, picture of the system when in use (on the plane/during landing, etc) proof that the system is being sold by the owner. Some privet info, eg. facebook account to make the seller less anonymous.
But give also some info about yourself.
Regards
Janusz
Back to Poland... back home.

me personally I just sold an old canopy of mine to a guy that lives in California. I was a little worried that the info he had given me was fake. So all I did was call the DZ he said he jumped at and asked for the person he said was the rigger and come to find out he was telling the truth. When I mailed the canopy I used UPS and insured it for the price of the canopy which does not cost that much. HE tried the canopy and liked it so he mailed me a cashier's check. But you have to remember that not everyone is who they say they are but some PPL on DZ.com actually just wanna buy some gear
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!