jumprunner

Gasoline Supplies Tighten, Prices Rise

"I've never seen anything like this," said 47-year-old Robert Weems, who waited in line for three hours Thursday morning at a gas station 25 miles north of Jackson, Miss., before the pumps ran dry. He eventually found gas nearby for $2.39 a gallon. "It's a black mark on our energy policy - one storm wiping us out like this."

Id love to find a deal like this...$2.39/gallon. As long as I didnt have to wait 3 hrs for it.

Like Ive been saying all along...there ARE many alternatives to gas engines, and they are not being used. Cars can even run on water. These ideas have been 'suppressed' to keep up the demand for oil.

It is pretty evident that the supply is meager to begin with as demonstrated by the results of the hurricane. There are vast supplies of domestic oil not being tapped in to as reliance on OPEC oil remains at an all time high. Now that the reliance is even greater, OPEC will be raking it in.

My suggestion: get a hybrid vehicle if you can afford it, you pay more but with the oil economy being as unstable and venerable as it is it will be a payoff in the longrun.

FYI - the auto industry, car sales, right now is suffering losses as (prior to the hurricane) they are presently unable to unload '05 vehicles to make way for the fleet of incomming '06 vehicles. The sales crunch is going to be magnified in future months because of the damage done to oil reserves...the popular SUVs are going to get extremely unpopular while people want gas effecient vehicles to stay prepared for future disasters.

Things are becomming more and more favorable for buyers and should continue to do so in the upcomming months as the car sales industry reaches the point of desperation.

To put it bluntly, if youre going to change vehicles, do it while you got them by the balls...not the other way around.

Cars can even run on water.

WTF?

I remember reading stories about con artists claiming they had engines running on water.

Where the f&*k is this coming from?

The "free energy of formation" of water is approx 500,000 joules per mole. That means to liberate the hydrogen and oxygen from the water that much energy has to be supplied for each 18 grams of water. There is no CHEMICAL reaction involving just water that can liberate energy to run an engine without first supplying this "free energy" of formation. In other words, given the nature of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you would always have to supply more energy than you get back from the engine, or in other words, the "free energy" ain't free.

If the reaction involves water and something else, then you still have to pay for the something else.

Now there is a lot of nuclear energy tied up in water. Unfortunately liberating that is not a straightforward proposition.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here in Statesboro, filled up Laurel's car at $2.67 parked her car, got into my car and drove to the same station and was hit with $3.22 per gallon.
The gas station attendant said it may go up to $4.00 by tomorrow.
Wondering what's happening with AV-GAS and JET-A prices and what's going to do to lift tkt prices ???:|

In other words, given the nature of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you would always have to supply more energy than you get back from the engine, or in other words, the "free energy" ain't free.

If the reaction involves water and something else, then you still have to pay for the something else.

yeah, well, MAYBE THE THERMODYNAMIC CHEMIST DUDES WHO WROTE THAT LAW ARE BEING PAID OFF BY THE OIL COMPANIES!! :o:oDIDJA EVER THINK OF THAT?? HUH?HUH?
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

In other words, given the nature of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you would always have to supply more energy than you get back from the engine, or in other words, the "free energy" ain't free.

yeah, well, MAYBE THE THERMODYNAMIC CHEMIST DUDES WHO WROTE THAT LAW ARE BEING PAID OFF BY THE OIL COMPANIES!! :o:oDIDJA EVER THINK OF THAT?? HUH?HUH?
:P

You may be on to something there:o

First time the base gas prices have been low 2.48 a gallon but we ran out of gas in eastern north carolina last night. It was 3.48 out in town here.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Consider yourself lucky...in Sanford today 3.40-3.60 at those that were not out of gas, further up 87 3.19....and there were lines and lines and lines for that!:S

I topped off my truck in Talladega, AL with $2.55 for 87 octane at 1 pm yesterday. My wife told me when she passed that same gas station at 5 pm, they were selling at $2.99! :S

In Huntsville, AL gas is averaging about $3.65 or so.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

we are at $.71 per liter which equals about $2.70 per gallon... i guess we are pretty lucky up to now... sooner or later Puerto Rico will suffer the same as you guys,,
My 350Z just sucks the gas down the way i drive... and it only uses premium.. I want to cry every time i go to the pump... what i want to know is when my salary is going to go up....
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Cars can even run on water.

WTF?

I remember reading stories about con artists claiming they had engines running on water.

Where the f&*k is this coming from?

The "free energy of formation" of water is approx 500,000 joules per mole. That means to liberate the hydrogen and oxygen from the water that much energy has to be supplied for each 18 grams of water. There is no CHEMICAL reaction involving just water that can liberate energy to run an engine without first supplying this "free energy" of formation. In other words, given the nature of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, you would always have to supply more energy than you get back from the engine, or in other words, the "free energy" ain't free.

Now there is a lot of nuclear energy tied up in water. Unfortunately liberating that is not a straightforward proposition.

Whatever the theory is, they have cars that run on water and theyve had them for many years now, only they havent been marketed. Electorlysis is used to liberate hydrogen and oxygen which is then goes through combustion.

I dont know how much oil they can pump out of the ground before supplies begin to become exhausted at the rate they are being used up, but I havent heard the middle east complaining about drying up wells. I do know that petroleum has other uses beyond the gasoline fraction and too many areas of menufacturing depend on petroleum product feeds. That makes me wonder if the high demand for oil is solely based on cars.

The Fischer-Tropsch process was used by the Nazis and is still used by South Africa to produce the gasoline fraction from coal throug a catalyst. There are vast coal reserves in the US, so that is yet another alternative to increasing fuel supplies which has been ignored by the government.

Whatever the theory is, they have cars that run on water and theyve had them for many years now, only they havent been marketed. Electorlysis is used to liberate hydrogen and oxygen which is then goes through combustion.

The point going back to: Where are you getting the energy required for electrolysis? It takes a ton of electricity to make this happen... Mabey people are refering to the Hydrogen cars that have a water byproduct?

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

The point going back to: Where are you getting the energy required for electrolysis? It takes a ton of electricity to make this happen... Mabey people are refering to the Hydrogen cars that have a water byproduct?

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

http://www.bmwworld.com/hydrogen/

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/feb2/carplans.htm

>Whatever the theory is, they have cars that run on water and theyve
>had them for many years now, only they havent been marketed.

Well, sorta true. They have had vehicles that run on water for years now. See the attachement for an example. (They often need other things too, though.)

>Electorlysis is used to liberate hydrogen and oxygen which is then
>goes through combustion.

Electrolysis needs power. If they had the power they'd just stick it in an electric motor and skip the whole electrolysis stage. Powering a car on electrolyzed hydrogen makes as much sense as powering it on D batteries. Makes perfect sense, as long as you ignore where you get the D batteries.

>The Fischer-Tropsch process was used by the Nazis and is still
>used by South Africa to produce the gasoline fraction from coal
> throug a catalyst. There are vast coal reserves in the US, so that is
> yet another alternative to increasing fuel supplies which has been
> ignored by the government.

Coal is indeed a potential source of hydrogen and CO feedstock, and from that feedstock you can make a wide variety of fuels (methane is easiest.) That will become practical as gas prices rise, which is why I hope they reach some high level (say, $4 a gallon) and stay there a while. That will give us time to develop such alternatives.

I don't normally drive, but I heard on the radio this morning that Chicago is one of the highest at over $3.50.

Unfortunately I am renting a car to get to the dz this weekend. I picked a bad time to start driving. [:/] I just hope I don't end up with a gas guzzler!
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I don't normally drive, but I heard on the radio this morning that Chicago is one of the highest at over $3.50.

Unfortunately I am renting a car to get to the dz this weekend. I picked a bad time to start driving. [:/] I just hope I don't end up with a gas guzzler!

Prices all over the map in the Chicago suburbs where I live, but seem to be averaging around $3.40. OTOH I bought 100 octane AVGAS for my plane today for $3.00/gal. in Hobart, IN.

I get around 18mpg from my plane, so right now it's as cheap to fly it to places as to drive my car there.

Prices all over the map in the Chicago suburbs where I live, but seem to be averaging around $3.40. OTOH I bought 100 octane AVGAS for my plane today for $3.00/gal. in Hobart, IN.

I get around 18mpg from my plane, so right now it's as cheap to fly it to places as to drive my car there.

$3.21 for 87 in Chicago near my house (near the airport), across the street in the burbs it was $3.00.

A round trip to the DZ would cost me about $15 in gas! Rethinking my trip to N Wisconsin right now.

Here in reno/ tahoe area we are averaging about 3.09- 3.20 for the so called cheap stuff and for the good gas its 3.50-4.00 a gallon. I commute to work and won't be able to afford to drive to work if the prices go up any more.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly