heidihagen

do you work well under pressure?

i'm a procrastinator. it doesn't get done until it should be done... i'm way more productive that way. it's also more stressful, so i'm trying to change my habits.... tomorrow:)
which are you?
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

There needs to be more choices for the answer to the poll. Anyway, I am about to become an Air Traffic Controller, I dont think me saying that I am a procrastinator would be a good thing
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"

If I have a deadline I get it done regardless right away. I will pull alnighters just to say it's done ahead of time. I like to appear to be freakishly better than everyone else at work without trying hard. Because of it I started getting consulting jobs in addition to regular work my first year as a teacher. It helps pay for skydiving. :)

***I am about to become an Air Traffic Controller, I dont think me saying that I am a procrastinator would be a good thing
---------------

I've been a Controller for 23 years and the only thing I procrastinate about is coming back off my breaks and weekends.

Where are you going to work?

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

There needs to be more choices for the answer to the poll. Anyway, I am about to become an Air Traffic Controller, I dont think me saying that I am a procrastinator would be a good thing

I'm an AT controller, and I can procrastinate with the best of them. The real question is "How well do you work under pressure?" Not all job pressure is self-induced by procrastination. My job is real time, and brings pressure all on its own.B|

Where you goona be working?

Not all job pressure is self-induced by procrastination. My job is real time, and brings pressure all on its own

My job does not include life and death.. just life and death of peoples careers.. as in if our domain controllers or DNS servers go down it causes huge ramification to all the thousands of servers trying to authenticate to them or do name resolution. We could be losing thousands of dollars per second... so knowing how to get it running again is highly sought after. There is no need to panic.. just do it right and do it well. I have never been one prone to panic in anything I do.

There are two types of jobs. Reactive and proactive.

Part of my job is planning (proactive) what needs to be done and part of it is fixing the hiccups that occur (reactive).

To do it correctly, part of my time planning is to expect a normal amount of bumps along the way. I allocate time into the plan with that in mind.

***I'm an AT controller, and I can procrastinate with the best of them

You might know Seattle would have to get into the fray!:)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

i'm a procrastinator. it doesn't get done until it should be done... i'm way more productive that way. it's also more stressful, so i'm trying to change my habits.... tomorrow:)
which are you?

I'm in the "Crisis management" business.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."