IMGR2

Thoughts and prayers for Katiebear.

I may be over stepping my bounds but I am very close to Chuck and Katie. They are like my adopted family.
I just found out that Katie's dad had a heart attack and she is in Dallas with him now.

My prayers are with her and her family right now.

I don't think Katie will mind.

thoughts and prayers on their way,

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. Dad's heart pulled through and is kickin' strong but unfortunately he went too long without oxygen and blood to the brain and swelling in the brain has caused damage. It angers me so much that he came through the heart surgery just fine and his whole body lays there in perfect condition and his brain can't tell him to wake the fuck up!>:(

It's been a rough few days but I'm lucky to have had the chance to spend a few days with him and say all the things I needed to. This is my first chance away from the hospital and I plan to slam a few beers then head back to sleep next to him. I just don't want him to be alone.

Thanks again, for the phone calls and text messages. They couldn't have come at better times. Please say a prayer now that my father can be at peace knowing his family will be fine.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

It's been a rough few days but I'm lucky to have had the chance to spend a few days with him and say all the things I needed to. This is my first chance away from the hospital and I plan to slam a few beers then head back to sleep next to him. I just don't want him to be alone.

Hang in there Katie,,lots of prayers are sent your way..A few beers are important to..:)
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

Oh gracious, Katie, I am sending all the strength and love I have to you and your family. If you need anything, please let me know.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

...I'm lucky to have had the chance to spend a few days with him and say all the things I needed to...

Good stuff, Katie sweetie. A good thing that you will always remember. Love to you and prayers for your Dad.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So your dad survived the heart attack, but suffered brain damage.
Reminds me of my old boss: MAnley Butler.
Seems that he suffered a heart attack and they put him in a drug-induced comma for a while. While sleeping it off, a blood clot traveled to his brain, damaging his speech and locomotion centers.
Manley may still be a brilliant engineer/parachute designer, but now he walks clumsily and has difficulty speaking.

Well, it's officially over and I'm officially drunk. This is by far the toughest thing I've ever had to endoure. I was incredibly thankful to be there with my father. There is nothing on earth that could have prepared me for this moment. To have a healthy, 56 year old body, laying there, dying. I just kept wanting to slap him and tell him to wake up!!!

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and warm wishes. Once I get back home, I'll be heading to New Orleans with the disaster relief - that will be rewarding.

Big hugs!!!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here