CazmoDee

Patch on mudflap

Not saying if it's a good or bad idea but people will do it anyway, so -

Sew the patch onto a piece of Cordura or similar, then sew this to the mudflap ONLY on the sides/to the binding tape area. Do not sew across the top or bottom, or go anywhere near the harness, hardware or handles. Make sure it's sewn neatly - nice and flat - and doesn't extend past the mudflap top or bottom. Unfinished or hot-knifed edges should be folded under, bound, or otherwise finished so you don't have a harsh edge that can wear on anything.

I've seen it done this way successfully with good results, usually to cover up some unfortunate embroidery on a used rig.

I've also seen people sew patches directly onto the mudflap and they invariably disturb or ding up the stitching and harness webbing below. This is a critical junction on your rig; you really shouldn't mess with it.

I would encourage you to use a willing rigger. Or at least have a rigger look at it after it's on there to be sure it's OK.

Sorry... as you can see by the wise old farts in this sport - you "can" do it, but it would be best for a rigger to sew it on. Edit: oops, sorry, Nick one wise old fart. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.