swedishcelt

first car owned

I remember that my first car in its latter years had a bad radiator. I always had to keep several gallons of water in the trunk anytime I went for a long drive or trip. One time I had run out of water on a long desolate stretch and the car was severely overheating. Just then I came upon a service station and pulled in. Found a water hose, carefully took the cap off the radiator and peered inside. It looked bone-dry. I turned the water on and poured it into the radiator. Only about 2 or 3 seconds later I heard a rumbling noise. Pulled the hose and myself back just in time to see the radiator become Old Faithful with a 10 foot high geyser of steam roaring sky high! Dayum!! :S Sure wish I had a video camera then... it was a sight to behold... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I remember that my first car in its latter years had a bad radiator. I always had to keep several gallons of water in the trunk anytime I went for a long drive or trip. One time I had run out of water on a long desolate stretch and the car was severely overheating. Just then I came upon a service station and pulled in. Found a water hose, carefully took the cap off the radiator and peered inside. It looked bone-dry. I turned the water on and poured it into the radiator. Only about 2 or 3 seconds later I heard a rumbling noise. Pulled the hose and myself back just in time to see the radiator become Old Faithful with a 10 foot high geyser of steam roaring sky high! Dayum!! :S Sure wish I had a video camera then... it was a sight to behold... [:/]

Dayum! That, coulda' been UG-LEEE! It mighta been 'Boiled Billy':o
That ol' Chevy, I miss that car! I lost it in an ugly divorce. That car and 3-horses. Before I lost that car, I put the pedal to the metal, buried the needle. All it did was give me more. At that time, it had 113,000 miles on it. Not a speck of rust, anywhere. I just took care of it. The engine and tranny, especially. As for the ex that got that car... I couldn't give a shit less about!:D

Chuck

First one made it without a scratch. the second one was a Jeep CJ-7 lifted 10 inches on 44 inch Gumbo Monster Mudders, I was running a snow drift when it started to fish tail on the ice just as I about got it under control we hit a bare spot & it flipped on it's side and we spun on tne drivers side for 1/4 mile! TOTAL LOSS But we rebuld her BIGGER,STRONGER,BETTER!!! and totaled it again
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Only about 2 or 3 seconds later I heard a rumbling noise. [:/]

You weren't always deaf then billy?:P

I did the same thing with a Golf GTI I owned once, on the way to a datewith a hot chick. I basically destroyed the engine that day.

Not good.>:(

PS I still made the date, she came and picked me up..;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Only about 2 or 3 seconds later I heard a rumbling noise. [:/]

You weren't always deaf then billy?:P

No, I was more hard of hearing then... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban