swedishcelt

first car owned

Not the first one, but the second one, yes.

First car was a light green monster 1964 Buick Special with a 355 wildcat V8 engine. No it wasn't a muscle car, but it was one helluva gas guzzler. :S I got it in 1985 when my grandmother could no longer drive it. It only had 18,000 miles on it! :o I did get several offers to buy it off me, but I said no everytime... In 1990, it conked out around 95,000 miles (transmission problems).

Then I got a 1984 Oldsmobile Ciera. Wrecked it in the snow in upstate NY in a snow storm after only 2 months... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dodge Omni.
First "Real Road" trip. 300 miles from home. Rear-ended a Buick, pushed the engine in my lap and barely dented the Buicks bumper.:S

I did have a couple of accidents involving my ole Buick. Both victims got the worst of it, with hardly a scratch on mine... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, my first car was a rolling 'total' all on it's own!! :ph34r:

It was a 1973 Datsun, B-210 or 'something'. I don't remember...2 doors, 2-tone (blue and rust ;)) Dad bought it for me for $500, and they sold it for $200. Not so bad I guess. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I didn't total my first car - a Chevy Cavalier - though I didn't take very good care of it either (I just thought they needed gas - no one told me they needed oil too! B|:D)... The only car I totalled was my Toyota MR2 that I owned later... and I was sort of relieved that I totalled it without hurting myself or anyone else... because I drove that thing like a maniac and was certain that I was going to end up killing myself or someone else with it (it simply would not GO less than 100 mph! :$).

My first car was a chevy chevette. I hit a small bridge in winter. The front panels were caved in, and bent the frame. The bridge guide rail fell into the stream.
Didn't total the car, was to poor, so put a large ass chain to the frame, tied it to a tree, and threw it in reverese over and over again till the car "felt straight", then went to a junk yard and found panels that "kinda fit". Drove the care two more years, till finaly in senior year I entered it in a demo derby.
ignorance is not bliss

Despite my best efforts (two fender-benders in my first year of driving) I couldn't kill that damned Chevy Chevette. Nor did I want to because despite its toolishness, it represented freedom from the big yellow school bus!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I didn't total my first car - a Chevy Cavalier - though I didn't take very good care of it either (I just thought they needed gas - no one told me they needed oil too! B|:D)... The only car I totalled was my Toyota MR2 that I owned later... and I was sort of relieved that I totalled it without hurting myself or anyone else... because I drove that thing like a maniac and was certain that I was going to end up killing myself or someone else with it (it simply would not GO less than 100 mph! :$).

What year was your MR2? I have a 2003 MR2 Spyder, and I swear I can't drive less than 100 mph in it either! :D I've gone over 120 a few times... It's a blast...

My first car was a late-90s Dodge Stratus. I was driving home from the DZ three years ago and some drunk pedestrian decided to take a shortcut across the limited-access highway that I was on. Totalled my car, he was in a coma for a while. Tried to sue me, didn't go anywhere.

2nd car was a 73 Plymouth Valiant. Driving home from Homecoming football game, fell asleep and drove off the road into a deep ditch. Buckled the frame and pushed the engine/tranny off the mounts up against the firewall. Scared the sh!t out of me as I woke up bouncing through the countryside. Came away with only a bruise.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

In my 19 years of driving I have totalled out 3 cars. First was my second car no ice on the roads but on the off ramp (which was a suspended off ramp ) there was ice. Second, turning left onto a four lane road curb lane let me through but could not see next lane and as I edged out WHAM. Third car (I totally loved this car to a 1984 Chrysler Laser turbo just got it repainted two week prior) I was driving down the road and someone on a side street blew through without stopping. i would have t-boned him but for some stupid reason my reaction was to turn away from him hard. I missed him but hit a building the idiot was driving a new Cadi without insurance.
Kirk
Kirk

. first car i owned was a 1958 Ford 2 door..
3 speed on the column... the wiring harnesses caught fire and burned up.. while it was parked in the driveway..
( gift from a family member )
( not the FIRE,,,:S ... the CAR !!)
..So the first car i ever bought!!!! was a 1963 Chevy Belair,, Blue, 4 door 283 V8. automatic 2 speed.. Paid 300 bucks for it... it got me through High School & college... Made many a trip to the dropzone , back in the day...[:/]:(:|:)
Gave it to a friend,, when it needed new Universal joints.......

(This is a spin-off from a previous interesting thread obviously.)

How many of us have totaled our very first car? Or a car? Just curious... I know I did on ice in 1990.

I'm not riding with you any more.....

:S

at least not without a helmet. :D
Scars remind us that the past is real