Ron

Vegas for an Hour.

(Or what to do when trapped in an Airport)

Well here I am sitting in Las Vegas....For an hour.

A last min trip required me to leave the Nats for Dallas.

So, I already have done the slot machine thing, cruized the cheezy stores, and checked DZ.com....

Now what?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Or what to do when trapped in an Airport)

Well here I am sitting in Las Vegas....For an hour.

A last min trip required me to leave the Nats for Dallas.

So, I already have done the slot machine thing, cruized the cheezy stores, and checked DZ.com....

Now what?

- Fly back to LA and have a drink with me.
- Check out Speaker's Corner (based on the way you post, should kill a couple of weeks or so)
- Get into every single cab in town, one of them will be having the HBO thingie (Cab Confessions or something).
- Figure out the meaning of life
- Put all your rigs on "Red"

I'm running out of kick ass Frenchy ideas. I need help. Peeps?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Cant get into SC...BV banned me for a PM to him.

Lap dance.....Uh, I know one perosn who may not like that.

Lighter....Well I have things to do that require me NOT to be in jail.

Bar in LA....Well if all goes well I will be back in Perris tomorrow.....

BTW if you are a DZ.commer I should be in Perris till Sat...If you are gonna be there, let me know.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Make sure you account for the security lines in the Las Vegas airport and traffic on the strip coming from the tunnel to the airport. Leave adequate time for both, Ari and I cut it close flying at FA and getting stuck in traffic on the way to the airport to go home. The cab driver tried several different routes in hopes of less traffic. The amt. of cars on the strip and the surrounding area can be crazy [:/]

Also remember that conferences slated for New Orleans have been moved to Las Vegas for the most part, so there will be extra people in town for conventions that aren't normally. I know I was supposed to be in New Orleans next week and now we're expecting Vegas. I think 30+ conferences called Vegas to schedule rooms.

Hope this helps ;)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Keith is picking us up at the airport.. so if there is a way around, leave it to the local huh??

We'll arrive so early a.m. I hope that helps.. but leaving to get back out, I guess we should start early for sure! Rox & I have 4 hours.. we'll fly for 1 or so and then visit with everyone.. then head back..before FLV even opens up!;)

And yes.. the traffic can be crazy.. even more than when I used to work in Vegas!!!:)

We left mid morning around 11am or so from the tunnel to the airport. Maybe the traffic was just bad for the lunch hour rush but the strip and even the back roads were packed [:/]. We started to sweat a little that we might not make it thought security in time to catch our flight, lol :S

Have fun flying! Rock it out in there with Rox. Tell Keith I said hi and hope things are going well out there for him.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

[:/]same departure time for us.. so good to know.. leave extra early.. how TIGHT was security? I mean.. we're not bringing anything with us.. so it's just us.. think that'll matter?????????????? long lines or long process.. or both??

I'll tell him, can't wait to see Rox in there.. she's only flown FPF once a LONG time ago.. will be a VERY different experience for her.. so will SVP for that matter! We've been doin slow speed drills in bigger suits and high speed exit drills so she can be ready for the big exit at SVP.. hard to do on our 'flying' net.. but will be much easier on the solid one there for her I'm sure!:P

Security was fine except for the line. If you have nothing you'll be cool, we just had helmets with us. The line moves if everyone has their stuff in order and ID's ready to go. There were just a lot of travelers. It wasn't a holiday or anything like that either. We got to the airport with 45 minutes to spare but we wern't at the terminal long before the flight boarded.

Make sure to get some MJ action in at FlyAway if you can! I'm sure Rox will be great. That's a fantastic idea to practice for the SV enterances. I'm sure she will be excited to fly in different environments and do great. I loved it out there in Vegas, I hope she does too. Have fun!
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm sure Rosa's harness is easier to make than mine. I have no idea how Piers managed to sew overlaping tandem elastic. They have cool machines up in the loft though. Maybe Rosa's supplies are easily found and cheap so we can get some Barbie on Barbie action :D I love where this thread has gone :D

Back to topic sort of, I posted the airport/traffic info on the forum instead of PMing because I like to know those kinds of things about palces I'll visit, thought other might too.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com