Deuce

My superhellacoolio team at Nationals 2005

I love Nationals.

It brings out the best and worst of skydiving. I've been lucky and mean enough to always come out on the best side.

My team this year, Vortex, exemplified what competing at nationals is all about. The point goal for the meet, and doing the team best.

They did.

I was there.

Huge fun.

There are very few teams in NorCal that need a competetive level camera flier, so the last two years I have been privelidged to fly mercenary for visiting teams.

I was blessed last year by the misfortune of the Foxes, and this year by the misfortune of the Vortex team.

Such fun.

I hope next year in AZ is as great. With Betsy running the show I'd bet even money it will be.

:)

Very cool, Deuce. Randy and Leah couldn't stop saying all this wonderful stuff about you, after you left on Tuesday night. They thanked me over and over for getting them in touch with you.

Your resume' is growing with each Nationals....I have a feeling there will be teams beating down your door for 2006 now. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Very cool, Deuce. Randy and Leah couldn't stop saying all this wonderful stuff about you, after you left on Tuesday night. They thanked me over and over for getting them in touch with you.

Your resume' is growing with each Nationals....I have a feeling there will be teams beating down your door for 2006 now. :)
ltdiver

Lori, I got your voicemail and I'm so sorry (ask Diverdriver:$) I had to leave before the serious party or the actual awards. I looked for you and Amy, but I think you were debriefing. I got home about 2 AM, put in and escrow at 9 and did three tandems between noon and three because one of my managers (DZ) had to go down to canopy.

Well done, Perris.

Truly exceptional!

JP

Yeah, we have a problem with that.

Old age and treachery beats youth and endurance every time.

That sure looks like Christy on the right! She gave me packing lessons for my "A".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah, we have a problem with that.

Old age and treachery beats youth and endurance every time.

That sure looks like Christy on the right!

Yep, and where were you?

Kallend, I have yet to image you, and you definitaly deserve it!

That would be Christy. Vortex is in my local NSL league and its an honor to know them and to hang out with all of them both locally and at Nationals. JP, you were complimented many times by Randy and his team. Very nice job!

Glad you were able to tape up your helmet :P
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Lori, I got your voicemail and I'm so sorry (ask LTDiver) I had to leave before the serious party or the actual awards. I looked for you and Amy, but I think you were debriefing.

Yeah, yeah....you owe me....;)

You're right...Amy and I were with our 4-way team, Perris Censored, tasting imported champagne and toasting the end of the season back in my trailer. There was absolutely -no- place to do our meeting there, so we disappeared back into the back regions of the DZ.

I had to leave before the serious party or the actual awards.

Man, you should see your team captain and his wife dance! Samba, Rumba....Amazing! I really wish I'd had my video camera then....by the pool, with the DJ playing in the cool of the night air.

I got home about 2 AM, put in and escrow at 9 and did three tandems between noon and three because one of my managers (DZ) had to go down to canopy.

Wow, Man! You are one busy busy man there Deuce! Get some shut eye soon....:o

Yes, Perris put on an exceptional show yet again this year. I think we, as locals, forget what a treasure we have right at our finger tips when we're there all the time. Thanks for the reminder. Well done, Melanie and Staff!

Now (Manifest) Dan, perhaps you can rest your voice...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

That would be Christy. Vortex is in my local NSL league and its an honor to know them and to hang out with all of them both locally and at Nationals. JP, you were complimented many times by Randy and his team. Very nice job!

Glad you were able to tape up your helmet :P

You know, a camera flier in my area, where we were packing, was talking with a member of his team about how he needed a mini DV tape and didn't want to pay what the store was charging. I had picked up a batch from Costco and they run me about $2 a piece or so. I said "hey, here's one, for $2" the guy and his team mate nearly crapped.

What goes around, comes around, and I told them so. When I see them in Texas and I need something, it will happen because I did a decent thing in Perris.

Look at Kwoo's story about getting a freaking CAMERA while on jump run. (or a tape or whatever)

The beer karma thing is real.

I needed a stroboframe shoe and Don helped me out. Hopefully I'll be able to do something as valuable for him. If not, then I'll do my best for someone else, and the karma will even out.

You got some great gaffer's tape karma going Phree, thanks!

It's good to know that Deuce had a as good a time as Vortex did! I can speak for the team... Deuce is on e of the finest camera-flyers we worked with all year. And given the early season timeframe when our planned vidot hurt his back, we worked with quite a few!

I have no problems recommending that SOMEONE snatch this man up and put him to work!!

THANKS Deuce!!!

Vortex
Christy West
Chris Grenner
Leah Connell
Randy Connell!

[reply
Look at Kwoo's story about getting a freaking CAMERA while on jump run. (or a tape or whatever)

Both a camera and a tape on a less than 5 minute call. The story has been posted in the Photog. and Video forum.
"man, I love this sport!"
karen