veter_

Tampering with equipment

Surely if you are so sure, you would have contacted them, tampering with something like that is attempted murder surely?

Surely. If my equipment is tampered with again, I will take it to FAA office as it is. If I will be alive. If not, surely FAA will take it themselves.

I seriously doubt that your gear was tampered with. Not everyone gets along in this world, but that doesnt mean people want to hurt or kill those people.

Your allegations are very serious, and if I were you, I would be extremely careful with making such allegations in a public forum with little or no proof to back it up.

Whilst you can threaten to sue the Ranch, I'm sure they also have lawyers who would be quite interested in a defimation law suit against you.

If you really think your gear was tampered with, take the appropriate course of action to deal with the issue, whining in a public forum and trying to make the dz look bad is really not going to get you or your "case" anywhere.

Asking about "other tampering cases" is also going to get you nowhere. So what if gear was tampered with at x dropzone in 1967, does that make your "case" stronger?

Lastly, if you really believe people at your dz are tampering with your gear, why do you continue to jump there? :S
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Surely. If my equipment is tampered with again, I will take it to FAA office as it is. If I will be alive. If not, surely FAA will take it themselves.

BAHWHAHWHWHWHAHAHAHAAHAW! You actually think your rig was tampered with? It wasn't. Really. Again, i someone wanted to tamper with it, they wouldn't have collasped 1/2 of your slider. Maybe you should think about selling your gear and moving on. You don't get it.

Derek

I suggest the FBI, not the FAA. They're more into the attempted murder thing. Not really sure what the FAA could do for you.

But anyway, even if someone did collapse half your slider, i'd hardly call that attempted murder. At what point in the pack job did you leave your gear? You mentioned you hadn't quartered the slider yet, so I'd venture to guess you hadn't even started yet except for setting the brakes (and uncollapsing the slider). How long did it take you to notice after you started packing again? Lets see, you started back at your risers, walked up the lines, and bam, there's the slider. Can't miss it. So lets say you did miss it. You threw it over your shoulder and began the rest of the pack job. Ok, time to quarter the slider. How could you possibly miss it then?? I bet I'd even notice if my slider was collapsed when I put my knees down on my cacooned canopy. "Hmmm, what's this bunch of fabric under my knee?"

So come on. Get real. If someone collapsed your slider, they were trying to annoy you.... they just weren't very skilled at it! A nice step through or two woulda been way more effective. Or how about unstowing one of the brakes? That's something someone might just miss... Pointing it out after you get the canopy in the bag could really piss ya off.

Gotta say though, your posts are AWESOME. I'm so entertained. I have got to get to the ranch... I'm only a couple hours away. Sounds like such a fun place.

Dave

If someone collapsed your slider, they were trying to annoy you.... they just weren't very skilled at it! A nice step through or two woulda been way more effective. Or how about unstowing one of the brakes? That's something someone might just miss...

You seem to be experienced in what you say... :|

If someone collapsed your slider, they were trying to annoy you.... they just weren't very skilled at it! A nice step through or two woulda been way more effective. Or how about unstowing one of the brakes? That's something someone might just miss...

Wow, there's another unfounded accusation. Maybe you should sit back, take a deep breath and spend some time with your golf clubs. You're not winning any friends here, let alone any support.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I need to meet you. I'll buy you a jump if I'm ever at the ranch (assuming they still let you jump there). I don't care what anyone else thinks. You're awesome. I wanna jump with you. DROPZONE.COM POSTER OF THE YEAR!

Dave

>Surely. If my equipment is tampered with again, I will take it to FAA office as it is.

Hmm. The reception you will get will likely be determined by whether the person you talk to has any experience with skydiving.

Non-skydiving FAA guy: "What are you talking about? Looks OK to me."

Skydiving FAA guy: "Gotta remember to unkill your slider, son!"

If you're so concerned that someone is tampering with your rig,............

1) why do still plan to come to the ranch????

2) don't leave your rig unattended!!!!! packed or not.

3) are you thinking of packing your own malfunction, and then trying to blame someone else????? Let's hope not!!!!

If I'll be alive by then. Hurry up! Judging by the other thread, 99% of skydivers want me dead. :ph34r:

sigh....no, Veter...we don't wish you dead. We think you're not listening...we think you're going over the deep end with your accusations...we think you're digging yourself a very deep hole in the skydiving community and that you need to do some serious thinking about why in the world you would a) accuse someone of attempted murder (i.e. tampering with your gear), and b) get pissy about the list when you've obviously been put on it for a reason.

The most intelligent thing you could do would be to sit down with the people involved over a beer and ask with all humility "Why am I on the list?" Take your ego and get rid of it for the duration of the conversation that follows and listen to what they are saying. And then be 10000000% honest with yourself and fix the issue(s) that got you on the list in the first place.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Veter,

I PERSONALLY have a problem w/ Bounce Bingo, but now I believe you have crossed the line.

NO ONE tampered w/ your equiptment. NO ONE is trying to kill you.

YOU are dangerous (I say that, and hell, I don't KNOW you and I have NEVER even been to The Ranch)

Dude, I serioously think that you need psychological help. People are NOT out to get you. YOU forgot to COMPLETELY uncollapse your slider. YOU DID.

You either need to grow up, and take responsibility for your actions, or you need to find something else to do in your spare time, parcheesie, maybe?

Again, I find the idea of the "death pool" offensive, but I also have come to believe that perhaps it is NOT everyone else that is the problem.

Scott

This thread and the other two threads are sad. Truly sad. Veter feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

I don't have a lot of skydiving experience but a lot of what you are writing here sounds as if there is some kind of denial on your part. What you are denying I don't know. (and don't deny it;))

I've read all 3 of these threads top to bottom and I haven't seen 99% of anyone give you anything but tough love. No one here wants you dead.

If you truly believe someone wants you dead, you wouldn't post it for posterity, you would be taking actual action.

To everyone else: your point about this list and tampering and continuing to jump at a place you are paranoid about is clear. Let him be and don't encourage him to bury himself further with his own words. They are already there as long as the internet is here.

Veter, get help. Email me at [email protected]

I have not jumped in a year because I need my head clear to keep everyone around me safe as well as myself. Maybe you need to think clearly too.

jason

3) are you thinking of packing your own malfunction, and then trying to blame someone else????? Let's hope not!!!!

Damn! Somebody was quicker than me in thinking about this wonderful idea! I was thinking of packing a total mal in both main and reserve, safely landing my wingsuit in the peas and blaming someone for the malfunction! LOL

To be completely safe, you may want to consider moving to the west coast.

Hey hey now, lets not get brash, we're fine here. Just halfway across the country would be perfect. I know of the perfect girl he needs to meet, these two will make a great pair! Veter, ask KS to hook you up! ;)

the kansasskydiver roomie's girl thread

Veter, no one is trying to hurt you. You're really not getting it. Get some sleep and get away for a few weeks, see if things are clearer then. I will jump at The Ranch sometime, wasn't sure which NY dz to hit but The Ranch sounds like it has some personality.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I have not jumped in a year because I need my head clear

With your 30 jumps and not jumping for a year, I suggest you take Jim Slaton's ground launching course for non-skydivers (see News). Canopy control is everything. It's poor canopy control that burned me in on my 42nd jump. In my AFF course, there was very little emphasis - if any - on canopy piloting.

You can start by kiting your canopy. You'll learn a lot just by feeling your canopy, all its inputs. Learning your canopy will save your ass someday from hitting the concrete at 20mph. I hope you don't ever know the feeling of your blood filled with stone and losing half a gallon of it.