RkyMtnHigh

Your Personal Purpose...

Have you figured it out yet?

I feel that we are all here to live out a purpose and when that purpose is complete, it's time to go.

I truly believe that finally I know my purpose here on earth..to give, to love, to comfort, and to be there when/where I'm needed as long as I'm needed...otherwise, I just existed for no particular reason. Hurricane Katrina victims have presented the opportunity for me to help and share my unconditional love, care and support in every way possible within my means. Even my immediate family has questioned how crazy I must be to go to such an unsafe area and do what I crave to do, but then again they also thought/and still think I'm nutz to jump from planes.:S

If you feel drawn to a certain cause, there's a reason for it..just go do it regardless of what others feel you should or shouldn't do. It's you're personal purpose to live out anyway...:)

very well said ;) i still dont know what im here for. :| one day i will know.

Not sure of your age, however I've wondered the same for 38 yrs..and now I finally feel as though I know. I think the opportunities before now were short term and minimal and now it's much different and it really makes more sense to me now. It's more meaningful when I can help on a much bigger scale and truly make a difference. It's a humbling experience to say the least.

Hurricane Katrina victims have presented the opportunity for me to help and share my unconditional love, care and support in every way possible within my means. Even my immediate family has questioned how crazy I must be to go to such an unsafe area and do what I crave to do, but then again they also thought/and still think I'm nutz to jump from planes.

Hey, just tell them about Mother Teresa. She spent her life in 'unsafe' areas rescuing the poor, starving, dieing, etc and she lived well into her 80's.

I think you have a great attitude. My best wishes as you pursue your purpose.

Have you figured it out yet?

I feel that we are all here to live out a purpose and when that purpose is complete, it's time to go.

I truly believe that finally I know my purpose here on earth..to give, to love, to comfort, and to be there when/where I'm needed as long as I'm needed...otherwise, I just existed for no particular reason. Hurricane Katrina victims have presented the opportunity for me to help and share my unconditional love, care and support in every way possible within my means. Even my immediate family has questioned how crazy I must be to go to such an unsafe area and do what I crave to do, but then again they also thought/and still think I'm nutz to jump from planes.:S

If you feel drawn to a certain cause, there's a reason for it..just go do it regardless of what others feel you should or shouldn't do. It's you're personal purpose to live out anyway...:)

great post Katee!!! I do realize my purpose, but I'm not gonna get into it, see my thread in SC for more info:D;).
Part of my purpose is to love others, serve people, and become as selfless as possible. That's great you are helping those victims; it's just too bad it takes something really big like a hurricane for people to stop being materialistic and selfcentered, both of which I am/have been ( yet changing).

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

The inside story from Houston is, we haven't even begun to feel the impact yet. It's more long term than anyone wants to admit.

My personal purpose will be more impactful for the current crisis in 6 months from now.

It's not that people forget , life just goes on.

Most people will be as good , if not better, recovered in 12 months max.
Go Rugid Individualism.

You tell me.... Name 3 things about the situation that could turn out to be a good thing ~?

That's easy! Well hopefully people will become less selfless and materialistic, people will count their blessings, and people will start to appreciate their loved ones.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Ayn said it best:

"...man exists for his own sake, that the pursuit of his own happiness is his highest moral purpose..."

;)

uh, yer kiddin, right? I mean, sure, if you are a freshman philosophy student or an architect I can MAYBE see you appropriating AR. And yes, I know this a truncated appropriation of her work, at best.....but still. sheesh...