unformed

kiteboarding anyone?

does anyone out here kiteboard? I'm considering trying it out and want to know what kind of kite I should get for starting out. My buddy has a wake board that we'll use for a board.

And is there anything else i should really know about it?
This ad space for sale.

I just started kiteboarding two weeks ago (snowboarding for now) and my only recommendation is TAKE A LESSON!!!!! Don't mess around. those kites are goddam powerful and everything reveolves around proper kite control. Also, most seasoned kiters own more than one kite for varying wind conditions. I picked up a 12 meter kite which is apparently a good entry level kite on water. I know that it did scare me a little at first.

So back to my point, get a helmet, and take a lesson!!!! Your instructor will help you get geared up afterwards.

Marz

I just walked into this kiteboarding shop in Coronado yesterday to check it out. I'm going to try it and take a lesson when I get some spare cash and time...
Check them out at http://www.calikites.com/.

peace
lew

They should be reprimanded and take the 'i' out of thier name. No self respecting Californian says 'Cali'. They say NorCal or SoCal (or I've heard that San Diegoans sometimes say LoCal to distinguish from LA/OC area).