scotts

Loose Chest Strap?

Mind sharing a picture for all those who dont happen to have the Paragear catalogue?
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Someone at work brought that up. The tension of it isn't so bit an issue in RW, but upon looking at it more closely, it's not routed correctly. Wonder if he's still with us.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Looks routed correctly to me; he just has it folded back over and stowed on the other side - which isn't uncommon.

And your "I wonder if he's still with us" statement is a little melodramatic. Do you really think that if the guy had fallen out of his harness on this jump, that the picture would be featured in the catalogue?? C'mon...

Canuck

Looks routed correctly to me; he just has it folded back over and stowed on the other side - which isn't uncommon.

And your "I wonder if he's still with us" statement is a little melodramatic. Do you really think that if the guy had fallen out of his harness on this jump, that the picture would be featured in the catalogue?? C'mon...

Canuck

FWIW, that looks like a less optimal way to stow a chest strap. Just the way that it appears to help lift up the friction adapter which would make it less effective seems like a bad idea. No doubt it's never been a problem for anyone before.. just saying.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Just the way that it appears to help lift up the friction adapter which would make it less effective seems like a bad idea.

It doesn't really lift up the adapter, and OTOH forces the chest strap into an extra curve which ought to make it less prone to slipping (not that I think it matters either way).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Maybe its loose because his shoulders are curled forward like he is tracking? But his legs are not out, so that might not be it. However, I bet it would be snug if he was in a more arched position. All chest straps do that: tight when shoulders are back in an arch, loose when shoulders are curled foward in a track.

I aggree that the leg straps could be tighter, or it could have a better overall fit.

Canuck

The melodrama was intentional. I looked at it again this afternoon, and saw it correctly.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

With all the posts regarding "loose chest straps", I thought that this pic was a good example of where your handles may wind up, both now and if you were under canopy, had a fully loosened chest strap and needed to cutaway for some reason.

It's also a good pic to check out to see if there's anything else that "just doesn't look right" to you.

Use as a "cause and effect" learning tool.

I should've been more clear on what I was trying to convey.(?) :S

I wish my handles were that close to me under canopy... take another look next time your in full fight with slider down and chest strap elongated... Mine are chest high and at least 3-5" away from my body to the side.
-Patrick