kallend

What would you do...

Did the agency lose the account for that one?

Nope. I took the gentleman aside, explained to him what it meant to Japanese people, and he understood it. I had to use a 9/11 reference though to get the point across, but he was kind enough to change his shirt. I was ready to ask him to leave the set should he not have agreed on removing his shirt though. With all the union/legal repercussions...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

if there was no dress code forbidding such apparel, I'd leave it alone, I exercise my freedom of speech all the time, sometimes in ways that annoy/piss off/offend other people and when other people decide to follow suit and do the same thing who am i to stop them.

With all due respect Kallend you exercise your freedom of speech very openly, albeit you do it in a much more dignified, and professional manner. He is merely doing the same thing, although doing it in a way that a high schooler buying his t-shirts from spencers gifts might do it, it is still his right, and unless there is a rule at the school against it you would probably be best to turn a blind eye and let think that his shirt makes him cool. just my opinion though;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower