Anvilbrother

What is there to do in Amsterdam?

ummmmm i've been there 4 or 5 times and thats about all i remember

so maybe you can enlighten me: there are some coffee shops that sell these things called "spacecakes", in vanilla or chocolate. What are they, exactly, and do they contain any psychoactive substances?

yeah, i remember eating one of those just before i got on the train to the next city... woah!

Don't get hit by the trams that travel the streets! There are no above ground tracks and I find myself about to get hit a few times.
** Keep in my mind I wasn't exactly working with a normal state of mind...

Amsterdam is awesome! Just the city is beautiful! It is geographically similar to New Orleans but designed and engineered the RIGHT way!

Have fun!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

GET HIGH IN A COFFEE SHOP
Smoking cannabis isn’t legal in Amsterdam, but it has been decriminalised, which means you can walk into any coffee shop and buy up to five grams per visit. You’ll find a menu at the bar with descriptions like, “nicely stoned” and “psychedelic high”, handy if you don’t want to end up passing out after one toke. Staff are always happy to advise you, so don’t be afraid to tell them exactly what you’re after. Space cakes and shakes are also offered by many places – a good alternative to joints,

Check out the Van Gogh museum for sure! also, there is a cool place to rent a bicycle along the street that leads to the train station, if you are leaving the train station it is about 3 blocks on the left.There's a cool Aussie place near the redlight that advertises "warm beer and lousy food" check it out, most of the bicycle taxi guys can direct you there. Try a Kangaroo steak!The Kokopelli smart shop is cool too;)B|
get atleast 78/79 euro to the US $100
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

my only suggestion is to go to Harlemstrat street and hit the blue velvet cafe' the most chill awesome shop that I found in the few times that I have been there... the museums already spoke of are great, but also try to venture just outside the city limit where it is a little less touristy to get more of the culture side if you can see straight:)

-yoshi

Get another hotel! Although the ferry to city center runs all night, the one you're booked into isn't exactly in a happening area...

Good point... I maped it, and couldnt figure where it was until i zoomed way out! lol

If you want to see what area is more central, select Centrum in expedia when you enter Amsterdam.
Remster

...I knew my work would not drug test me...

Go to your local natural food store and buy a small bottle of Golden Seal Root (...or two). Drink them in one shot, wait a couple of hours, then start drinking water. This stuff cleans everything out, even weed. It works overnight.
We are all engines of karma

It is not my choice of hotel. My wife is going on a business trip, and I get to tag along for free. Hell anything is better than being in louisiana right now.

Yes, I understood. Just thought you maybe might get her company to change hotels? Anyway, it's probably only 10mins walk to the ferry.
And definitely the best way to get around town is to rent a bike.