thegreekone

"Falling Into Place" by Rita Ippoliti (another BOOK Q)

She broke both her femurs on a canopy that was a couple steps down from her PD 260 but thats all it took.She made dozens of excuses as to why it happened.....it doesnt matter now....it happened
--------------------------------------------------------

In writing this post I inadvertantly hurt someone who I have always called a friend.
The fella that owned the canopy,that Rita was jumping, when she was hurt ,was his. It was what she wanted, he had one and she felt it was well within her ability. It wasnt an HP canopy by any means but totally out of her range.
Jack, I am sorry if you felt that I was blaming you, I certainly was not.....nor would Rita.

bozo the dumbass

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I thought she was the most neurotic skydiver in the world.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

IF nobody else wants it I'll take it,like to read it but does'nt sound like I'd want to buy it. PM me i'll give ya my address, pay s&h to me & back to ya.
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

You dont know me or most of the other people on these forums so saying that she has more heart than anyone else is just an assumption (based on your experience of your course which I do not doubt at all) but still an assumption nevertheless.

Bozo is one of the few people on this planet I'd trust my life to...and have. There are a handful of others, some of who post here...and some who do not.

Of course he speaks from his experience; that's a given. You speak from your own experience, too...but to negate his comments simply because you don't know the depth and breadth of his experience is kind of ironic, imho. He knows far more about this sport than either you or I do; when he talks about things in a serious way, I shut up and listen...

It's a pity, the way the young cock-ups disrespect the older, much more experienced people in this sport. Do I agree with everything they say? No...but I'll look to find a reason why they're saying it, rather than just dismiss it out of hand. But then again, maybe that's a sign of maturity.

IMO, of course...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

It's a pity, the way the young cock-ups disrespect the older, much more experienced people in this sport. Do I agree with everything they say? No...but I'll look to find a reason why they're saying it, rather than just dismiss it out of hand. But then again, maybe that's a sign of maturity.

Its a pity the way some *mature* people (must be a sign of maturity to call others young cock-ups ;)) read something into your post that is not there.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Internet forums!
:)
P.S. To the 2 people who wanted to have a copy of the book. Sorry, I have already sent out my copy to someone.

Hey guy's just rereading this thread because I've been reading the book that was sent to me. I'm not sure yet what to think about it or Rita, but beings an AFF instructor in the past and not a natural skydiver in the begininng of my jumping I do have some Mixed feeling on everybody's comment's. Let ya know my opinion when I'm done & if anyone wants to read it after me let me know & I will send It to you. BLUE SKIES Bryan
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)