Tom_Tom

Skydive shop in New York city

Hi !

I live in France and a friend of mine is to go to NYC in the next days. I'd like him to bring me back a Solo audible.

I've read about a shop at Long Island DZ but is there any shop in NYC downtown ?
He won't have a car nor postal address for a delivery so the closer the better.

Thanks !

The best bet is to get to a dropzone and look at their gear stores, there are no "stores" in NYC to buy the items at. The Ranch Pro Shop would be a good place to start but it is an hour or so north of NYC and with out a car the best he could do is take public transportation near it or carpool up.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Will he stay in a hotel for a couple of days? You can order it from any skydive store in US through the web and ask the dealer to ship it to his hotel. Make sure you give his full name and room number (if you already know). He will just have to pick the package at the reception and voilà!
Salutations
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Thank you guys for your answers.

Will he stay in a hotel for a couple of days?

He won't stay in a hotel but in some friends' homes and will change frequently, so it would be a bit tricky to give a precise address

The best bet is to get to a dropzone and look at their gear stores

I'll see with him what he could do.
Are there other dropzones than The ranch and Long Island around NYC ?
Which one is the easiest to reach from downtown ?

Thanks !

When you say NYC downtown I assume you are refering to Manhattan but if you are refering to to Queens or Brooklyn then the answers change. From midtown they could take the subway to the 42nd street bus terminal and catch a 90 minute bus ride to the town just outside the dropzone and then a cab ride to the Ranch: http://www.theblueskyranch.com/travel.php. From Queens or Brooklyn it might be easier to get a cab or catch the Long Island Railroad to get out to Skydive Long Island http://www.skydivelongisland.com/directions.shtml

Nothing about this trip is going to be fast or free, unless you are looking at saving $75-100 its probally not worth it for him to spend most a day traveling to and from a dropzone to get the item for you.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Nothing about this trip is going to be fast or free, unless you are looking at saving $75-100 its probally not worth it for him to spend most a day traveling to and from a dropzone to get the item for you.

If where he is coming from is like OZ, it's not so much the price difference, but that fact that we have no stock here to TRY ON, helmets especially. butother items also.
One of the 1st things i do when i get to a Dz in the states is go to a gear store :D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The proshop at the Ranch would be the better place to go to. They simply have a much larger shop, and have just about everything you would want to play touchy feely with. If you have an item in particular that you want to buy call SDLI and see if they have it in stock. You may need to track down the rigger there. If you are in Manhattan you can catch a train out to Riverhead from Penn Station, although the train runs more frequently to Ronkonkoma.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192