boinky

Let's Talk About Scorpions

has a pretty large black scorpion

most likely an emperor scorpion.. basically harmless to humans. http://images.google.com/images?q=emperor+scorpion&hl=en

oh yeah... their young are born life in litters of ~8-15 and are white, somewhat see through. If they fall off the mothers back they get eaten.. which was a good thing when i had 2 has pets.. 2 became 14 and i had no idea what i was going to do with 14 scorpions :S

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Take the baby ones and go bass fishin?

Me likey fishing....

But..but...but...who's gonna' catch 'em and put them on my hook? You're 8K miles away..sniff... sniff.. sniff...[:/]
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Hmmmpphhh....[B]WORMS I can handle. Scorpions? Not a snowball's chance in hell!!!

I guess this means you won't take my fish off the hook when I catch it? :$ :) ;)
Nina

What can you tell me about them? :S

They are EVIL! Get out of there as fast as you can! :P

The place where we lived (around Brownwood, TX) when I was ~7-9 had SO many scorpions - they were all over the place and I hated them. (We had lots of rattlesnakes too, but they didn't scare me quite as bad). The only one of us who ever got stung by a scorpion was my stepdad, and he was screaming and freaking out - didn't look like much fun. My sister and I were getting on the school bus one day, when I noticed a scorpion sitting on her shoulder(!) but the bus driver knocked it off of her so she didn't get stung. And I found one under my pillow while making my bed one morning... Eww, I hated those things.

All I can tell you is don't step on one of the little bastards. :P

UH HUH..how do we [B]KNOW[/B] there was only [B]ONE of them in here?

And as for outside, [B]SOMEONE[/B] threatened to surround my truck with them, wagon style, to prevent me from leaving.

All I have to do is take your advice and squish one or two of them and make a run for the truck! :P and lock the doors....:P
Nina

Sorry... But hey, I was a stupid little kid (not too dissimilar from how I am now :D), and I managed to not get stung... so you should be ok. ;)

And my stepdad was ok after getting stung, just had to endure a bit of pain for a while... Oh, and Steve-O purposely stung himself with a scorpion on the Wildboyz show, and he seemed to enjoy it (but I suspect that he is a masochist). :P

Methinks you are in cahoots with Mike. He's probably paid YOU to be the one to surround the truck with the little buggers to keep me from leaving! :P :) :)
Nina