BoostedXT

Letters you wish you could write....

Can be made to anyone.....write something, anything....

Dear Pappa

How I wish I could have met you. My mom told me the story of how I was not going to be born alive and how you told her you would take care of me and that i would be born on your birthday. Here I am 24, turning 25 on your birthday, living far away from all that is normal. I feel you around me. I know you are there looking after me, the only grandchild you never saw.

I have heard so much about you. Your humor, your morals, and the way that you loved your family. My mom tells me we are identical in every way, and Grandma sees you when she looks at me. I have pictures of you in my apartment and I often take them out. I want to see the man who has helped me through the good, the bad, and everything I will face in the future.

You will always be my grandpa, the man who created a home, and the man I hope to someday be.

Love
Joseph

PS- I was never supposed to be born alive. My grandfather told my mom I would be healthy, born on his birthday, and that he wouldnt be here to see me, but that he would care for me. I was born 5 months after he passed away on his birthday.
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

woo whooo!

How are you today acme? This can be our thread to talk....hows that?

Hows the day treating you? <---my letter to you!B|

joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.

How are you today acme? This can be our thread to talk....hows that?

That'll do...:ph34r:

Hey, about your bro...if it is Thyroid cancer, it is not one of the more aggressive cancers. There are actually quite a few people on these boards that have had their thyroids removed due to cancer or other. I have Thyroid disease, and my gland is dying. I'm not worried, when it's gone, mebbe they'll want to take it out, who knows...but you can be quite happy on hormone replacement therapy, once they find the right dose. I'm still working on getting the dose right.

Speaking of which, whether it is Thyroid disease or Thyroid cancer, expect that there will be some issues throughout treatment that can become quite severe, but for the most part, are temporary and more of a nuisance than anything else. This includes (but of course not limited to): memory problems, emotional challenges, weight gain/loss, lethargy/hyper-activity, and mild to severe depression. These will iron themselves out as treatment goes along, so tell your bro to be patient and know that there's a light at the end o' the tunnel! :)
Symptoms, from my experience, can manifest themselves in a very severe form initially (I was grounded because of them [:/]) but should REALLY turn about with medication and therapy, but not immediately! Ya have to have patience...thyroid hormone therapy is a two steps forward, one step back scenario, and can take a year or more to get right.

Also, have your bro get checked out by an N.D., as well as the M.D. that they are seeing. My MD is a wonderful lady, but had no idea about the thyroid gland, other than T4 levels. :S Traditional medicine does not, for the most part, investigate anything other than T4. According to her 'charts', my Thyroid tested 'fine' on a certain med...but I was losing my mind, couldn't remember where I was going or what I was doing at times, many female-type issues, could NOT lose weight for anything, and completely symptomatic. I went to an ND and I haven't felt this good in years...though we are still working on dosage.

Sorry to be long, but please pass the info on to your bro. It may make all the world of difference; I know it did for me. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Dear Joe,
Thanks for being my friend I enjoy your company and laugh every time I talk to you on the phone. You make my life a better place to be and I'm glad you're here, even when you are not.

Your grandpa would be proud of the man you already are.

-Johnny

Thanks Acme! I will forward it too him.

Personally the thyroid cancer is not my biggest concern. Its the fact that he doesnt heal. For example....a cut or surgery for you and me that takes 4 months will take him 3 years. His scars never truly heal over...[:/] Being that odds are a surgery is needed at the base of the neck concerns me because of his medical past.

Johnny: Thanks man....I woudl like to talk to your other half depending on what goes on the next few days. See you sunday man...be ready to learn...:)
joe