ccowden

Megadeth or Metallica?

I not really that young 35 but I really hate new Metallica and ever since the black album I have gotten more into Pantra. Just thought I would add Medgadeth although they play great live(seen them twice) Dave really has no stage presents. Metallica put on a great show when I saw them but I liked Pantra better then either live.
Kirk

I never really got heavily into Pantera, though I like a few of their songs and totally respect their contribution to the metal scene.

Couldn't really get into Slipknot either, though I'm starting to like them a bit more since I'm a huge Stone Sour fan. Corey Taylor has the best voice in metal nowadays IMHO.

If you haven't listened to them, check out Otep's "Blood Pigs" & "Sepsis". Serious hardcore stuff from a female lead singer no less.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I've got the one stone sour album, definitely rocks. Did they ever put out another one?

Nope. Right after they finished touring Jim Root & Corey went back to Slipknot to do their latest album/tour. But everything I've read seems to indicate that Root and Taylor ARE very serious about Stone Sour as well. So once the Slipknot tour is done they'll be back in the studio again for another Stone Sour album.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Funks you named some awesome bands.. they're clearly not in the same league as Metallica nor Megadeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slayer is.

Sorry, but SLAYER is WAY above. Metallica and Megadeth are a joke compared to the masters.
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

I love the old Metallica, their songs back then were average 6 minutes, had a bad ass Power cord riff. You cant say the same about todays music. Almost every song had a solo for Kirk that kicked ass. He has not changed much, but James and Lars still bitch and wine like they are married. I can tell that Kirk just wants to play. I agree with the other poster I miss jasons bass, he and Flea from RHCP are some bad ass mofos on bass.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I have seen both live. Metallica blew me away. They showed love for the crowd, stamina, played very well,and I was completely satisfied. Lars had 2 sets of drums one on each side of the stage that move back and forth as to play to more people in the house. I was impressed. Haven't ever seen that much trouble gone through to play to the people like that. He and James had a drumming war. It was unreal!(1992 in an Arena) I went to see Megadeth some years later. It was an outside venue They played very well also. Dave Mustaine has and carries a very different air with him. While this show was well done as well, Megadeth does not play so much to its audience like Metallica does. I guess that I enjoy that feeling to be impressed on me when I pay to see a concert. I can also say that both shows had great mosh pits. I voted Metallica on Showmanship. I like both of their music. My favorite Megadeth cd is Cryptic Writings. It had alot of real things to say.
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

ok so here's a list of SOME of my favorite metal ALBUMS AKA FULL CD's/tapes/record (whatever you call them)

Metallica-- puppets
Megadeth- Peace sells...
Anthrax--white noise
black sabbath- master o fthe universe
I still listen to those.

some that I dont regularly listen to but I remeber being GREAT:

overkill--years of decay
Slayer- reign in blodd
slayer--(brain fart) which one had War ensemble on it? that whole album was good

anyone remember
fate's warning-- No exit
flotsam and jetsam no place for disgrace
death angel- any of them ( with original line up)

and some not so HEAVY metal
Judas preist
ok I guess thats all my brain remembers as far as what I consider the ELITE of the genre/decade

In the late 70's and early 80's Judas Preist was the METAL that we think of today. Check out "Pain Killer" it is pretty damn hard! :)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I never really got heavily into Pantera, though I like a few of their songs and totally respect their contribution to the metal scene.

Couldn't really get into Slipknot either, though I'm starting to like them a bit more since I'm a huge Stone Sour fan. Corey Taylor has the best voice in metal nowadays IMHO.

If you haven't listened to them, check out Otep's "Blood Pigs" & "Sepsis". Serious hardcore stuff from a female lead singer no less.

Zennie, check out Chrome44.....it is a local metal band........I think you would dig them!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"