Snowwhite

Gold Coast, you there?

She's even giving me a hard time about our security deposit!

Oh yeah, the water damage is your fault. You left the bathroom sink running when you fled for your life. Glad you decided to bail at the last minute and your ok.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I have spent the last 3 days rescuing people out of New orleans. I was operating in a Urban Search and Rescue Team. We have been there since the day after the hurricane. I was assigned to Bravo two boat team to grid the neighborhood in boats around Elysian Fields Ave. around the 610 interstate split, Claiborne, and St.Bernard. We were not provided with security, so we had to be our own. We rescued over 1100 people so far. These people were found in attics, neighborhood schools, and hospitals. People that could walk, and did not need medical attention were transported to on ramps to I-610 an picked up in buses. People that needed help fast we set up Helo Med Evac LZ's on the interstates, and loaded them on Blackhawks, and Chinooks. You would not believe the pride, lack of information, or the ignorance that these people have. 75% of them had to be begged to go with us. They either did not know that the pumps would not kick on tomorrow and pump out the water, did not care about dying there, or did not want to leave knowing that the gangs are wating in the projects to loot their houses when the water goes down. The conditions are horrible the water is 4 feet deep in the houses if not higher, stagnant with sewer, all the gas and oil from the vehicles that are sunk come to the top, the dead animals and bodies are adding to the mix. To top it off today FEMA started to roll in and tell the people that have no food and water to shelter in place and stay!!! Mean while us, the coast guard, and the national guard are steady hauling people out. There are good people, and there are bad people still out there. We had guys that were pinned down with gunfire. They set fires to signal for the coast guard to come helo. them out, then gunships came in with the National Guard and tried to see where they were drawing fire from in order to fire back with M60s. Some people that we rescued went to the Superdome, and slept in the piss and shit and watched people get killed, waded back through the water and came home. After a few days there were some buses that started to come directly to us that went straight out the city instead of the Dome. That way we could rerescue, tell those people and know in our hearts that they were not going back. Here are a few pictures of the first couple of days. It will start to get worse as the people start to run out of water, and then food. There is no way to boil water, and even if you did there is no way to get the oil and gas out of it. The water is so infected and the people are wading through it 24/7 there has to be a outbreak of some kind of disease comming soon. We are being shot up with all kinds of immunizations to hopefully stay healty. Blood will be drawn and checked after to see if there were anything contracted when we are done. It is hot and humid, and the mosquitos come out at night which is the worst thing that could happen to people living out there with the doors open.

On a side note I live in Baton Rouge, and have a extra open room in a 4 year old house if someone wants it. Later Chad

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Jumpers that I have spoken to or KNOW are safe:
Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden and Chloe, Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet, Mike Brown, Jesse Baroque, Sinclair, Travis and Debbie, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Kin Ducote, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Chile Relleno and lovely wife, Craig Crosier, Lightening Bill

Those I don't know about:
Jen and Brian Myers, GD, Graham, Brooke Schultz's dad, Mike Kerlec, Kevin Tassin, Mark Garatie, Diane Berkshire

Those I know are now homeless that are listed above:
Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Craig Crosier

Please continue to send out your hopes to all of those affected. For those of you that are in contact with our homeless and jobless, please refer them to the sticky on this forum where people are offering up their homes for folks to stay. For the most part, most have a safe place to stay now, but may need to relocate for work. Thanks so much!!!
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

BTW, I can't make out what it says on the truck.

I think it is supposed to say "Marrero," which is a town on the WestBank. Also, I think it is supposed to say, "Fuck da City" and "Black Power" How sad that these protestors cannot even spell "black" nor "power."

Chad - William, my family and I are thinking of you, Jason Jerusalem and the many other rescuers. Please stay safe.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Chad, thank you so very much for going where others flee. Thank you for making a difference to those people, and thank you for working your ass off to rescue people. May God always bless and protect you the same way you are doing for those in dire need.

If you get out to Cali, let me know. I'll buy you a jump, and make it with you (I'm an unofficial anvil sistah). And then I'll buy you all the beer you can hold.

Thank you, Chad, thank you.

(And that goes the same for all the other rescuers and volunteers, too!)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

One more checking in. My family came through okay. Trees down, some damage, but certainly cant complain after seeing the surrounding area. We have power, ac, phone and cable back on... so on the way to normal. I have a house full, many friends and relatives in beds, couches, and floors, but can accomodate more. (Jackson, Miss.) Email as needed if you need to share my roof. Ongoing prayers for those who are still suffering.

Hey Folks,
I just talked to Leanne and I heard a couple people out there are without vehicles. When I go offshore, which may be soon, my van will sit in a parking lot for a long time ( 3 wks min ) so if anyone needs it all ya gotta do is let me know and be willing to drop me off at the heliport/port I go out and pick me up when I come back in.
Craig

Chad!

Cute little knees you have there!!!:)
Seriously, what an awesome job you and the guys are doing. It's not easy being strong when so many people are weak. Take it easy and don't hesitate to let those of us who can help out~~~

~~Stay Safe~~
Judy
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

With so many people being displaced and homeless, does anybody know if there is a job/recruitment website geared specifically at these people. If there is any need for this, I could set up a site where employers could post job openings geared towards these victims and jobless ppl post their availability?

Any thoughts?

Nice to meet you toot!

Chad its a honor to know people such as yourself and those like you.
Stay safe and and don't hesitate to return fire! These vermin crawling out of the gutters to prey on their fellow mans person and property have in my opinion forfeited their civil rights/human rights by their actions.
"You loot (ect...), We shoot!" needs to become SOP in disaster areas.
We love ya man, next time we meet at the DZ a jumps on me.

P.S. What sidearm and rifle are you carrying?

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Well i take my hat off to you guys on the ground there,ive been flying over that swamp all week and i would hate to be in it.Stay safe mate,they wont let us in there without the boys with the big guns.If anyone wants me to look at their place down there,post the co-ordinates and i may be able to go take a looksee.

Hi everyone,

Al and I are trying to get down to Slidell to have the FEMA inspector come and to salvage anything we can. We're leaving here (TN) tomorrow and would like to stay someplace along the way (Meridian, Laurel, Hattiesburg) tomorrow night before heading the rest of the way on Wednesday morning. All the hotels in that area are completly booked. If anyone in that area has a little piece of floor we might be able to sleep on let me know, otherwise we plan on taking an air matress for in the back of the truck. We also may need a place on Wednesday night on our way back out. If anyone has any info on the gas situation in that area we would appreciate any info. I've heard that it's getting better but still long waits. We have 12 gallons in cans we'll be taking just in case but not sure if that will be enough. They are sold out of gas cans here. I don't know if I'm ready for this emotionally.

Christina and Al

I am going crazy because I have not heard from Craig Crosier aka orbitjunkie. If anyone has heard anything please pm me. He has been one of my closest skydiving friends from day one. He was in Slidell but he may have been out on an oil rig working. I heard that they got everyone off of them before the storm hit but haven't heard a word from Craig.
He jumped at Gold Coats regularly.
PHEW! Just read through the whole thread and found a post from him. Now I'm gonna whupp his ass!

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

The gas lines in Mobile have pretty much cleared up. I hear there are still lines as you get closer to Mississippi, but once you fully into Mobile, there aren't the lines there were last week.

I know that doesn't tell you anything about Laurel, Hattisburg, or Meridian, but if things are still messed up on the direct route from Tennesse to N.O., you can consider Mobile as an "out".