Snowwhite

Gold Coast, you there?

We found out where Chloe was temporarily residing at through Julie this morning. We are happy to say that she is now at our place with Quibby and doing fine. We have alot of pent up energy to burn off and so far its going well. Now all we have to do is find our cat since Chloe walked in.LOL

We finally reached Kim Ducote this morning, he's doing ok, has some damage to his home and will be w/out power for about another 2 wks. He also informed me Steve and Jeff Ryan are ok; Steve, Jeff and their parents lost their homes also.

"to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides"

Hey everyone like Jeremy said we are doing fine My home is still without power, but we're still alive. I am trying to get to Tammy so she and her fam can have a place to stay instead of the shelter. I miss everyone and i am glad that so for everyone is ok. Unfortunately the main routes to the DZ are nonexistant for us so we might not be able to go out there for a while. Cellphones are still down and the net is hard to come by. Hope to see everyone soon.

Jana PMS #254

Chile chiming in now that I've power-n-cable service restored (no landline phone service as of yet). My family weathered the storm well, wish I could say the same for my house, but its generally minor, no structural or flood damage.
We had siding and shingles ripped off, sml-lrg trees branches and a lrg Oak down (none hit the house though).
My wife being 7.5 months pregnant was miserable without A/C but she made it.
She was looking for a hotel with power-n-A/C the day that I was driving home, told me I could pound sand about the cost.
We ran the A/C via a generator at home that nite.

I myself completely missed the storm, I was up in the northern midwest trying to get home (I'm a longhaul trucker), didn't get home till wednesday early evening.
I was at Skydive Fargo, Fargo,ND (41st State-n-83rd DZB|) when I heard it had reached cat5, started re-thinking my decision to have my wife stay put in mobile but figured we were just outside the major danger zone (which we were).

I talked with Mike Igo wednesday and he told me that all staff and all but one of the core group of jumpers were alive and accounted for, thank god!
he said the plane was in Atlanta,GA for engine upgrade and that the DZ was 99% untouched. Other structures/hangars were demolished and Mike says perhaps they should have skydivers re-build'em.
For those that don't know, the DZ was almost entirely built by the loving hands of its jumpers and thus in my opinion it survived.
Mike says operations should hopefully resume saturday September 10th!

My condolences to all those who lost family-n-friends and/or homes-n-livelyhoods:(
May you find shelter and food and re-build your lives, may god watch and guide you.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I am adding names to the end of the lists - most are people being moved from the unaccounted list to the safe list, thank goodness. Hope this helps...

Jumpers that I have spoken to or KNOW are safe:
Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden and Chloe, Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet, Mike Brown, Jesse Baroque, Sinclair, Travis and Debbie, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Kin Ducote, Steve and Jeff Ryan

Those I don't know about:
Jen and Brian Myers, Lightening Bill, GD, Graham, Brooke Schultz's dad

Those I know are now homeless that are listed above:
Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Steve and Jeff Ryan

Please continue to send out your hopes to all of those affected. For those of you that are in contact with our homeless and jobless, please refer them to the sticky on this forum where people are offering up their homes for folks to stay. For the most part, most have a safe place to stay now, but may need to relocate for work. Thanks so much!!!
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I am adding names to the end of the lists - most are people being moved from the unaccounted list to the safe list, thank goodness. Hope this helps...

Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden and Chloe, Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet, Mike Brown, Jesse Baroque, Sinclair, Travis and Debbie, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Kin Ducote, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Chile Relleno and lovely wife,

Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Steve and Jeff Ryan

Please continue to send out your hopes to all of those affected. For those of you that are in contact with our homeless and jobless, please refer them to the sticky on this forum where people are offering up their homes for folks to stay. For the most part, most have a safe place to stay now, but may need to relocate for work. Thanks so much!!!
My Pink M

Found more info on where I live. house is still standing but will likely be condemned. storm surge went almost to the roof.my roommate wayne is ok and all the animals survived. I fear all my skydiving equip is gone. my rig was at paul cozic's house so I don't know the condition of the rig.I should be at my mom's tomorrow.and will get into gulfport to bring my roommate some clothes. will up date when I can.

thanks for the prayers

kreg

p.s. ask amazon about the homeless guy she picked up in seattle;)
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

I fear all my skydiving equip is gone. my rig was at paul cozic's house...

Everyone on the homeless list plus some that had given their rigs to Paul have lost their gear. Some of the people that lost gear also made their living skydiving. Maybe some of the manufactures can lend a hand to them.
My Pink M

Hey Laurel, going off topic...
I met and jumped with a guy up in North Dakota at Skydive Fargo who bought a canopy off y'all. He's pleased with the canopy and sent his regards.

I came trucking onto their DZ sunday morning, when they found out I was from Mobile,AL they asked about the hurricane, I wasn't up to date at all and they informed me it had upgraded to a cat4 and where it was tracking towards...
I got really nervous then about everyone down here, I'm very happy to hear that so many are accounted for. Property and livelyhoods can be re-built lives cannot.

I second the thanks for all your work and thoughtfulness, your a special person and I'm glad I know you.
My best wishes/prayers to you and Will and to all those hit hard by Katrina.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Hey Laurel,

Al and I took our rigs with us when we evacuated. That's the one thing we do have. If someone who makes a living a skydiving needs a rig to borrow until they get a new one (and yes, it would be really cool if the manufacturers could help) I'm willing to lend mine out. I'll ask Al about his too when he wakes up.

Christina

Just FYI, Skydive City started fund-raising for the skydivers in LA/MS this weekend. So far, (Saturday) we have come up with $770 to send to Laurel who has offered to distribute for us to the local skydivers in need.

Dropzone is kicking in $1/jump, Janine donated $1/meal to the fund for last night's dinner and we have more than $250 from the Raffle held by Arlo, and the rest was collected by passing the can around.

I would hope that other dropzones around the country are doing the same - there is no reason we cannot together come up with thousands of dollars to help pay for food, gas, lodging, whatever they need right now.

Ill keep you guys up to date on the progress over the weekend,

TK

Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden and Chloe, Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet, Mike Brown, Jesse Baroque, Sinclair, Travis and Debbie, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Kin Ducote, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Chile Relleno and lovely wife, Craig Crosier

Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Craig Crosier

My Pink M

Bill Barcelo called and left a message the other day so we know at least he is alive and well. Our phones are still only working part time but apparently are able to receive messages. According to Kreg Hoag, his brother Kevin and family evacuated and are doing as well as possible. Brian and Jennifer Myers, Mike Kerlec, Kevin Tassin, as well as Mark Garatie are still unaccounted for so if anyone knows their whereabouts, please contact this forum. We repaired the roof at the DZ yesterday and are now concentrating on the clean-up. FEMA has set up a command center at our facility so the prospects of skydiving at the airport in the near future does not look very good. We will keep people posted with any new news as we receive it. We have made the Otter available to fly humanitarian missions if needed. Bill Klutz, Mike (the truck driver from Foley) and myself distributed a truck load of water to the residents of Pascagoula yesterday. The water was donated by Bill's employer, Degussa Corp., and was gone in five minutes. These people are in desperate need of the most basic necessities of life. It's tragic.

Hey All,

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers...and to Laurel for the updates...and Daniel for letting you all know that my family and I are safe.

I am in Houston right now at a friends house and wishing I had my own rig to go make a jump but I really should not be thinking about that right now...

Anyway, my family rented an apt. in college station and that is where we will be residing till we can return to LA and rebuild our home which still has water in it...

I will be flying to TN to get my car in order to go check on my sisters who are in different states at the moment and then return to TX.

Thanks again everyone I can't wait to see you all and give you all great big hugs
-Tammy, Pink Mafia Sister #190
Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister #20

Everyone on the homeless list plus some that had given their rigs to Paul have lost their gear. Some of the people that lost gear also made their living skydiving. Maybe some of the manufactures can lend a hand to them.

I have a Javelin with TJN with a Samurai 120 in it if somebody needs it to work until they get back on there feet and get some new gear. Drop me a line if anybody would need it.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden and Chloe, Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet, Mike Brown, Jesse Baroque, Sinclair, Travis and Debbie, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Kin Ducote, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Chile Relleno and lovely wife, Craig Crosier, Lightening Bill

Jen and Brian Myers, GD, Graham, Brooke Schultz's dad, Mike Kerlec, Kevin Tassin, Mark Garatie

Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel, Phil Baxter, Dr. Kelvin, Steve and Jeff Ryan, Craig Crosier

My Pink M

Hey everyone,

Heard from our landlord this morning who was actually able to view our house yesterday. There was 5 feet of water in the house. The landlord said it was really bad, probably going to be a total loss. She's even giving me a hard time about our security deposit!

Al and I are going to try and get back on Tuesday/Wednesday to have our FEMA inspector get inside and to salvage anything we can. My mom has agreed to keeping our 3 cats while we go back. Then we will head back up here until I know for sure what's going on with my work situation. We are very fortunate compared to some and I count my blessings every day.

BSBD,
Christina and Al