Snowwhite

Gold Coast, you there?

One more thing - the dropzone did survive.

Laurel,

How's the general condition of the airport? Runways, taxiways, ramp, etc.??

As soon as they lift the TFR around Biloxi, me and a friend are loading his Beech Baron with equipment/supplies and fly in there. Currently our flight plan is on file, but not approved as of yet.

In case of any specific requirements (other than food/water), let me know and will see what we can do.......

Thanks and God bless,

Buck Buchanan

Once again I offer my spare bedroom to someone who is homeless until you get things figured out. I have all my power and everything in Baton Rouge to anyone who needs it. My AC is keepin it nice and cool and the fridge is stocked and the bed is very comfy. You have to look at all my Skydive pic's on the wall in there though. It's a pretty good "I love me wall"
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Jumpers that I have spoken to or KNOW are safe:
Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden (her dog, Chloe, a.k.a. the DZ dog has not been located), Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al

Those I don't know about:
Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Jeff Phillips, Nagel Ledet, Jen and Brian Myers, Lightening Bill, Mike Brown, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Dr. Kelvin, GD, Graham, Phil Baxter

Those I know are now homeless that are listed above:
Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al

Please continue to send out your hopes to all of those affected.....
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

One more thing - the dropzone did survive.

Laurel,

How's the general condition of the airport? Runways, taxiways, ramp, etc.??

As soon as they lift the TFR around Biloxi, me and a friend are loading his Beech Baron with equipment/supplies and fly in there. Currently our flight plan is on file, but not approved as of yet.

In case of any specific requirements (other than food/water), let me know and will see what we can do.......

Thanks and God bless,

Buck Buchanan

I do not know about the runway conditions. I did hear that other hangers were damaged. Your assistance I am sure would be much appreciated. You may want to call the Govenor's office in Louisiana. They called a few friends of mine asking to bring all the boats they had, so I am sure they are looking for other supplies and means of rapid transportation. I do know they are trying to get people out of the hospitals transferred to other area hospitals. A C-130 is bringing a lot of Vets to Barksdale to be dispursed to the VA hospital here.
My Pink M

For what it's worth, I spoke with Jeff Phillips the night before the hurricane and he was gathering a few things and planning to shelter at Keesler AF Base (he's an officer). Keesler's homepage says the base made it, so I *assume* he's ok, but do not know for sure. I'll post if I hear from him.

More details:
http://www.keesler.af.mil/

Thanks again for all these updates.

~kristin

but we're alive and safe.

Good news there. Glad you got out OK. Give each other lots of extra hugs tonight. Take care of yourselves. Material possessions aren't near as important as your lives.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

We are up for long term visitors too. We have a large house in Merritt Island, FL: 3 minutes from Kennedy Space Center, a little over an hour from both Deland and Sebastian (10 minutes from Cocoa Beach) and 30 minutes from Disney. We have a spare bedroom for two and can possibly put 3 more on the couches. Come on down. The bar is stocked and so is the freezer. You can even have the house to yourself when we go to Perris for POPS and JFTC the end of the month. Light duties would include pool and pet care. ;) We went through 4 storms last year and are there for you! (321) 591-6924 (Elizabeth and J.R.)
"When you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will always be." Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Thank you so much Laurel for the updates. I am in Pensacola nursing my broken tib-fib and this sucks. I am relieved so many are okay. Hey i got an e-mail from Erin Williams and she is okay. Still haven't heard back from Christy n Steve. Our prayers to all of you.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

you can add jj and mel to the list of safe pepole they posted in another thread and said they are fine
quote from melstarr's post
i want to first apologize for not emailing or PMing everyone individually or calling out via phone. as some of you know... either electricity is out (still in various sections of baton rouge & ALL of new orleans area) and the phone network is either down or overloaded. i'm on a very slow dialup connection in lafayette, louisiana.)

jj & i are going to be okay, but it will take a while for all of our friends in new orleans & surrounding areas as well as coastal mississippi... as their homes have been completely destroyed in the flooding.

thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in this tragic time. again i apologize for the short reply.

love, hug & kiss you all so very much

Dewey and Carolyn Murren are fine. Their son finally got through to them this afternoon.

Glad that everyone we know about is safe. Keeping the unaccounted for in our prayers.

Keely, Kelvin, and Dagny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~It's all OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

I am adding names to the end of the lists - most are people being moved to the unaccounted list to the safe list, thank goodness. Hope this helps...

Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden (her dog, Chloe, a.k.a. the DZ dog has not been located), Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren

Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Nagel Ledet, Jen and Brian Myers, Lightening Bill, Mike Brown, Dr. Kelvin, GD, Graham, Phil Baxter

Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al

My Pink M

I am adding names to the end of the lists - most are people being moved from the unaccounted list to the safe list, thank goodness. Hope this helps...

Paul Cozic, Donna Speight, Adrienne Ramsey, Tim Todaro, PJ Tavernit, Jason Jerusalem, Mel Richard, Julie Golden (her dog, Chloe, a.k.a. the DZ dog has not been located), Nick Bryant, Lynette Botha, Phyllis Kyle, Eduardo Alfaro, Andre Lee, Mike and LeAnne Igo, Chad and Veronica Craven, Tony Collado and Chantalle, Luis Hawkins, David and Dee Fortner, Jude Chavin, Ben and Malinda Crowell, Tammy Tommaseo, David and Becky Layne, Paul Cruz, Kreg Hoag, Jana and Jeremy, Christina and Al, Jennifer Jones, Jean Underwood, Dewey and Carolyn Murren, Julie Hugel, Nagel Ledet

Dale McLemore, Martin and Robin Swords, Jeff Phillips, Jen and Brian Myers, Lightening Bill, Mike Brown, Dr. Kelvin, GD, Graham, Phil Baxter

Paul Cozic, Tony Collado and Chantalle, David and Dee Fortner, Tim Todaro, Julie Golden, Jeff Phillips, Lightening Bill, Kreg Hoag, Christina and Al, Julie Hugel

My Pink M