padu

Advice on canopy

I'm in the market for a new (used actually) canopy.

I've been away from the sport for a couple of years, so for now I will probably buy what I am most confortable with, but I ask you opinion on some issues.

My info: about 1300 jumps, being that 1100 on HP canopies (the breakdown is about 900 on stiletto 120 and the rest on batwing 134 and borrowed canopies).

I used to load my 120 with about 1.8 and I could do anything I wanted with the 120... bad spots, crosswinds, carving, decent swoops even some eventual tail winds (ouch).

Today I'm a bit lighter (189lbs from 196lbs) so the wing load should be a bit smaller with the 120.

The truth is that I know myself and I will want to try one of those xbraced flying panties, the question is which one would give a similar lift compared to the 120?

I will probably demo a couple of them for a while... in my list are the velocity and the xaos... any preferences between the two? I know about the PD demo program, does the xaos have a similar program? I didn't see anything on their site (which sucks btw)
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Wow!

Not one soul....

Ok, a more black and white question:

From the 4 sizes below, which one is the one that provides a similar lift to a stiletto 120 loaded as described above?
velo 120, 111, 103(?), 96?
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

You might get more response if you post this in the swooping and canopy control forum. I'm sure one of those guys will eventually take a look here, but the post might not get noticed. The types of canopies your asking about are used pretty exclusively by swoopers and some of the flying styles have evolved quite a bit in the past 10 years. I won't respond further because it's not the type of flying I do. Welcome back - Janna

To safety fly a velocity, you need to jump around 300jumps a year.
If you had a brake from jumping for some years, DONT BUY velocity!
It would be as to give it to a student. Or even worse, bacause u will chalange it (what student wouldnt do).

Buy you a katana, or crossfire. Or even better Safire2 or Sabre2 for 100 jumps. first.

If you want something between stiletto and velocity, take a look at neos. It hybrid (some cells are xbraced).
But downsize and buy mor HP after a brake is kinda suicide... dont do it...
Blue skys and soft landings to all!

To safety fly a velocity, you need to jump around 300jumps a year.
If you had a brake from jumping for some years, DONT BUY velocity!
It would be as to give it to a student. Or even worse, bacause u will chalange it (what student wouldnt do).

Buy you a katana, or crossfire. Or even better Safire2 or Sabre2 for 100 jumps. first.

If you want something between stiletto and velocity, take a look at neos. It hybrid (some cells are xbraced).
But downsize and buy mor HP after a brake is kinda suicide... dont do it...

I'm sorry to be blunt, but if you really are a student with 75 jumps, your advice is hollow, even if it is good intentioned.

It's not for chance that I survived 800+ jumps on HP canopies without any injuries and without one person coming to me saying that I was being dangerous to myself or others... if you read my OP, you will see that I know better and that for now I AM staying with the stiletto 120...