hexadecimal

Rig design

I like it... but I'm just trying to figure out if I should be prepared to catch shit from others for wearing it :P

Also... should have been more descriptive with my poll since even I don't know what to think of the answers at this point...

Yes means it's good, no means it sucks.

I like it... but I'm just trying to figure out if I should be prepared to catch shit from others for wearing it :P

I hate that color. My first rig and jumpsuit 10 years ago had that neon green all over it. It just goes to show that I was single at the time that I ordered them. For years, I heard jokes about the neon green being "a real bull rider color". And it took me years to sell that rig. Right now I am still stuck with and RW suit and a sit suit that are stained with that color. I would definately recommend staying away from neon green.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Also... should have been more descriptive with my poll since even I don't know what to think of the answers at this point...

Yes means it's good, no means it sucks.

If, you like it... that's what matters.;)

Chuck

I'm just trying to figure out if I should be prepared to catch shit from others for wearing it.

Be prepared.

We had a guy buy a neon green jumpsuit a few years ago, and he was quickly nicknamed "Luminous". Some people now don't know him by any other name.

Then there was the guy who bought a purple jumpsuit, and became known as "Barney", like the children's dinosaur.

Be very prepared.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should be prepared to catch shit from others for wearing it.

Be prepared.

We had a guy buy a neon green jumpsuit a few years ago, and he was quickly nicknamed "Luminous". Some people now don't know him by any other name.

Then there was the guy who bought a purple jumpsuit, and became known as "Barney", like the children's dinosaur.

Be very prepared.

Several years ago, we had one of our jumpers come to the DZ with his brand, spankin' new rig. That thing was the butt-ugliest thing I ever saw! I asked him if he was the one who chose the colors. He said he told the manufacturer to use every color they had and mix 'em up. Well, they did. His reasoning was; "Nobody'll steal it!":D

Chuck

As far as resale, it's a quality rig so it will sell just fine. Just look around and you'll see how much neoh neon green is out there. Besides it shows up nice on video.

Get it... but paint your car red.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

The only thing I'd change (it's your colors, your rig) would be to make the cutaway and reserve puds red instead of blue. Somehow I think that'd look better.

Not my choice of colors, but I've seen worse. Much worse. And at least it's not all full of pink and purple so that you're distinctive just like everyone else :)
Now, part 2 -- if you really only have 15 jumps, your rig design should be whatever used rig you buy, because unless you're unusually-shaped, you want to try different things until you know what you like.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm from the era when bounce and blend were popular. I love the look, frankly. If I were to get a new rig, I might still go there. Of course, then it wouldn't match my jumpsuit :S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)