skydivermom

My DZ destroyed

I'm still in SA area but my husband headed back to Baytown area today. He just called me and said he saw my dz on the news and it's basically destroyed. I jump at a small skydiving club in Beaumont(ground rush). It's actually at the airport. What a bummer!

I am VERY glad I'm posting about my dz and not my house though. Just wondering if anyone can comfirm this or has heard anything similar. I don't think anyone else from this dz posts here but I could be wrong.

Hey, maybe I'll be joining some of you at Spaceland or Waller.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I jumped there back in the Mid 90's when it was called "Skydive America"

Who are some camera people there? I might know some people.

Sucks.

Laters,

K-MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Jeff Paricio is the only camera guy I know of. Mike, Rock and Jo have been out there awhile too I think. Jeff is so awesome. He's been my instructor on all my jumps so far and I just love him. Hope they won't call it quits. :(
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

did they move all the gear at least? it's just a big field, they can rebuild! i'm sure jefferson county airport looks much worse than beaumont municiple being on the west side and all.
how is your house? we mainly got a tonnnn of wind in kingwood.. lots of signs down, trees on powerlines, etc. .... and finally had power restored before dinner. about time!!!! i couldn't figure out which was better.. 100 degrees outside, or 100 degrees inside
did they get all the aircraft indoors? i know some people "store" private planes along the pavement. i grew up in beaumont, but don't remember a hurricane ever hitting like this. alicia maybe? i dunno... can't remember that far back:P i'm just glad everyone is okay!:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I have been in Beaumont for the last couple of days,actually we are parked next to the hanger there.The airport is trashed,the older T-Hangers are flattened,the Maintenance hangers is half gone.The skydive hanger has lots of big holes in it and i would say the packing area not too bad,just one big hole in the wall.Skinners 150 is on its head at one end of the hanger,but his truck is not scratched.The office and club room is ok.i saw Donny O today and his house is ok,we supplied him with gas for his generator so he has power.The power grid is totalled in S.E. texas as is western LA.it may take weeks in order to begin restoring ANY power to the area.I have been flying patrols all the last two days and we dont even know 20% of the extent of the powerline damage.But then i have been in New Orleans since that got hit too,so im somwhat hardened to it now.If you give me an address i can probably find your house and give you a report on it.Anyway im off to bed now.

i can't pm you. i'm trying to find out which areas flooded the worst. i'm assuming anything on the east half running along the neches river... downtown up to the country club. i have someone staying with me who lives on the west side where i used to live-- for some reason, she's floods bad... but we never did. it was weird to see downtown beaumont on cnn though... they should have shot in front of rio rita's :P i saw the centerpoint engergy sign tear away right before my power went out. i thought that was bad, but considering my power was still on... and the news guy was still out there shooting... that was just the beginning! have they released a flooded aerial shot yet?
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce