Diversgodown

BLOCKBUSTER SUCKS!!!

Blockbuster has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I URGE anyone that can rent somewhere else to do it. Blockbuster has been at the top so long they figure nothing can touch them so their attitude is WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!! Spread the word. RENT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! :)

***Glory Favors the Bold***

Actually I think blockbuster is starting to feel the netflix squeeze since they are trying to imitate them.

Derek bitches everytime we get a messed up DVD, but then I show him how many we have rented and how small the number of damaged ones really is.
Fly it like you stole it!

I have Blockbuster Online... no problems yet, and I'be had it for a year. Tried netflix for 2 weeks too, they're about the same. Netflix has some cool bells and whistles on their site, but shipping & turn-around times are about the same (actually, I think blockbuster is a hair faster now that they ship the next movie as the one you're sending back is in the mail) and I get 2 free in-store rentals a month - I use those for PS2 games what I actually have free time to use them.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Actually I think blockbuster is starting to feel the netflix squeeze since they are trying to imitate them.

If I'm not mistaken Blockbuster owns Netflix.

I believe you're mistaken. (Of course, I could be mistaken about you being mistaken) They're competitors.

I had Netflix for four years before I canceled when we started traveling. Never had one problem with them.

I did Blockbuster online for a month in February while I was in Florida this year. Not one movie made it to my address there. They blamed the post office, and told me I need to talk the postal inspectors. Some DVDs got sent back to BB eventually, others disappeared. I canceled it within the cancellation period, and told them they suck. A few months later, I also canceled the credit card that I signed up for it on (for different reasons). SIX MONTHS later, I got a credit card bill saying BB has charge my (canceled) account for the movies that disappeared, and the credit card company reopened the account just to put those charges on it. I called the CC company and bitched them out. Then I emailed BB and bitched them out. Got the money back, and the credit card canceled for good the second time.

Too bad, because BB has a better overall package than Netflix. But I'll pay the few extra dollars for better customer service with Netflix, thank you very much.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

If I'm not mistaken Blockbuster owns Netflix.

I believe you're mistaken. (Of course, I could be mistaken about you being mistaken) They're competitors.

Ya! I wouldn't imagine they have Blocbuster Online rental and also Netflix on line rental. It just wouldn't make sense!!!

Too bad, because BB has a better overall package than Netflix. But I'll pay the few extra dollars for better customer service with Netflix, thank you very much.

Actually I think the package is the same. at least the 3 movie deal which is what i have. 3 movies for $17.95 I think it is. Which is what BB was offering.

Don't you love how they have no problem taking your money but you have to jump through hoops and sacrafice a goat to get a refund. :D

Customer Service??? What on earth??

We singed away the right to harp about customer service when we all helped Blockbuster kill off the Ma and Pa movie rental stores and take monopoly.

I know you all remember hearing them say something warning us to this effect... It`s just too bad they aren`t around anymore to give an "I told you so"

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Wow... that sucks. Luckily, I haven't had the same experience, or I'd be with netflix too. You're right, BB has a slightly better package, but I'd pay a few extra buck if customer service or getting the movies was an issue! In 12 months, I've rented about 150 movies from blockbuster. There's been maybe 2 that never showed up (another 1 or 2 showed up a few weeks late - after I had already reported it lost) and 1 or 2 they didn't get back to them - those have stopped since they started the deal with the post-office 'scanning' them in right away.
Will anyone admit to trying Wal-Mart's short-lived stint into online movie rental? :D:D

Blockbuster has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I URGE anyone that can rent somewhere else to do it. Blockbuster has been at the top so long they figure nothing can touch them so their attitude is WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!! Spread the word. RENT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! :)

If you're going to bash a company, at least share the details of your experience with them so that we can see what you're talking about.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

If you're going to bash a company, at least share the details of your experience with them so that we can see what you're talking about.

Sorry didn't know if anybody cared for the details.

A couple years ago I rented a movie off of the New Release wall. Well it didn't have a red label it had a blue one so I thought it was a 5 day rental. I was late returning it and I was leaving on vacation I figured I'd return it when I got back! Which it should have been 1 xtra rental fee. come to find out it should have had a RED label and it cost me around $40 dollars. When I talked to the store manager she said she was the one that stock those movies and said they all had RED labels. (She couldn't have made a mistake.) as I was walking out I heard her tell an employee I was a liar. So I called the corporate # and never got a response back. Well being the forgiving guy I am. I never went back there but continued to use BB. a few weeks ago I got the Online deal. Well when I went to sign up it wouldn't go through. I could not find a # to contact anybody they only had E-mail, which they would respond to in 2 days. Well I signed up on Netflix. I went to the store they said I needed to come back with the mouse pad, so I went and got it, then they wouldn't give me a refund because they couldn't verify I didn't use the service. They told me to call customer service during the week. I called today and they told me I have to go to the store!!! I have wasted more time and gas than this $10 fucking dollars is worth. That is my story. now I have to go back to the store. I hope I can still find my receipt!!! or I may have to give a DNA Sample :D:D:D

I prefer Movie Gallery. They're big in my area, and consistently out-performs the Blockbuster stores here too, both in rentals and in-store customer service.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'd been a blockbuster customer for years and never really had any problems, but recently they have just been ridiculous. I can't stand to rent from them anymore. I've been going to a local place in town lately and even though they may not have as big of a selection, I'd rather deal with them. Sounds like netflixs may be the way to go though.

I'd been a blockbuster customer for years and never really had any problems, but recently they have just been ridiculous. I can't stand to rent from them anymore. I've been going to a local place in town lately and even though they may not have as big of a selection, I'd rather deal with them. Sounds like netflixs may be the way to go though.

Hurray!!! ;) Down with BB.. I EMPLORE the whole skydiving community to jump on the band wagon... Ban BB do not give them any of our money. I'll buy the BEER!!!

Hurray!!! ;) Down with BB.. I EMPLORE the whole skydiving community to jump on the band wagon... Ban BB do not give them any of our money. I'll buy the BEER!!!

I'm down with that! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you find out what DZ's those are? Wait your going to Threadjack me:P

How do you find out what DZ's those are? Wait your going to Threadjack me:P

Not trying to... but you can go to General Skydiving Discussions and check out the "What Can We Do About Skyride?" thread if you got a few hours to spare... :P I should have specified ban Skyride's three DZs (Pennridge, Pell City and Cedartown)...

Actually I think the package is the same. at least the 3 movie deal which is what i have. 3 movies for $17.95 I think it is. Which is what BB was offering.

When I signed up earlier this year, they were a few dollars cheaper than netflix ($16, rather than $18), and they had (maybe they still have) coupons for two free in-store rentals per month, which sweetens the pot a bit.

Eventually, Netflix will lose, BB will do the same thing they did with local rental stores - put them out of business. And it will be back to square 1.

Anybody want to help me start a movie-on-demand Internet download video service? I figure we can have a good go for a few years until BB gets into that market too.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD