Butters

ChutingStar?

I will throw in my high recommendations also.
:)you should feel 100% comfortable doing buissness with them.:)
I have been a customer since the day he started buissness, even before that when we were on a 4 way team together, along with his sister.;)

A close friend of mine got his 1996 Vector III retrofited with a Skyhook at Chuting Star and at the same time ordered a Nitro 150 from Mike and was very pleased by the service, prices and kindness to get an answer to all his questions.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

And Mike will even install a snap button on your old FD helmet instead of replacing the worn out velcro, just for a few bucks. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Certainly has my vote for a great place also.

I bought my first used rig there a week ago and Mike made sure to put in the extra time to have it inspected, reserve and main repacked, and shipped out in time for the weekend!

I'm also planning to order a new custom rig soon and Mike has been -more- than helpful with that decision making process... he really goes farther than what I would have ever expected.

Oh, and of course, the prices rock! :)

-syn

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Hey Mike,

I just read you rant on the new toggles you came up with that use a pin. Have you ever heard of "Zoo Toggles"?
:)Sparky

http://books.google.com/books?id=1jDqpK2HlxYC&pg=PA269&lpg=PA269&dq=zoo+toggles+on+risers&source=web&ots=BrhzkyYroK&sig=-gewn4jX8BG4jmcCl6PNQzzGugg&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I would chime in with more positive things to say about Mike, but we have to keep his ego in check. :P:P:P

All joking aside, Mike is great. I've never bought any big ticket items from him (only because I haven't needed to buy any). But he is my rigger - and saved me one time. He takes pride in his work and he cares about his customers.

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I recomended a local jumper to Mike's gear store just a few days ago... Mike was one of the people that taught me to skydive a few years ago.

He's got great customer service, is very knowledgeable and is certainly one of the people I look to when I have questions related to skydiving and gear.

Since I'm no longer a local to the Atlanta area I don't get to socalize with him nearly as much as I used to...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

One time i sent my reserve in for a repack and it came back with bright red feathers and holes in it, the reserve pillow had distinctive claw marks of a Macaw.

I kid, Mikes great.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Hell, I bought my Container, Reserve, Vigil2 from Mike. He inspected my used main before getting all my shit put together. If there's better people than Mike Gruwell out there, I haven't met them and doubt I ever will.

If you don't buy from Mike, gnomes will find you and get you....:P

Ok, not really, but buy your stuff from Mike. Support our / your local rigger.

I bought a Rawa camera helmet from him he's one of the only distributors who stocks them and he has the best prices on these hard to get helmets in the entire country. I wish he advertised it more. Needless to say he shipped it on Saturday and I had it on Monday.

Thanks Mike

Hey Mike,

I just read you rant on the new toggles you came up with that use a pin. Have you ever heard of "Zoo Toggles"?

Where are you going with this? Those aren't like zoo toggles.

My only concern would be how quick the brake setting might wear. If it wears fine, then the design is a good one.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Okay people, please send more work to Chuting Star because the girls at The Farm want to see more of Mike's ass!!

OF COURSE! I can't say enough good things about Mike (Chuting Star). - Purchase from him and you KNOW you get quality! His reputation speaks for itself! :)

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Hey Mike,

Where are you going with this? Those aren't like zoo toggles.

My only concern would be how quick the brake setting might wear. If it wears fine, then the design is a good one.

The picture in the link was not of a "zoo toggle" but the text described them. The ones on Mike’s blog are almost identical to the zoo’s I used for years.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals