mouth

Music Downloading...where can I download LEGALLY?

Try http://reg.allofmp3.com/shares/setencode.html?changeencode_mss=ENG

songs run just a few cents per song download:

Downloaded files 14
Total size 47.90 Mb (50227929 bytes)
Total sum $0.479

It's ben a while since I've been there, but it is the cheapest legal way to download music.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

BIG 'ol BUMP!

I was looking at iTunes (n.b. I'm NOT on a Mac) and noticed that they're pushing their own player.

Question is: will iTunes downloads work with other players and such? Do they download as MP3, or some wacky file that only the iTunes player will recognize?

Thanky thanky;

Elvisio "want new tunes" Rodriguez

iTunes is mostly proprietary. If I am not mistaken everything is in AAC format. If you want songs that will play in any player you want MP3 encoding/compression.

As much as I hate Real - their setup is pretty good.

I will have to check out what Cornoholio was talking about.

I only download the music I don't want to buy a CD for - and I only go for the cheaper services. If I like the group I will purchase the CD (usually from the used CD store) so I can have the better sounding, uncompressed songs when I want them.

FYI - Every song on my MP3 player is fully legal!

Try http://reg.allofmp3.com/shares/setencode.html?changeencode_mss=ENG

songs run just a few cents per song download:

Downloaded files 14
Total size 47.90 Mb (50227929 bytes)
Total sum $0.479

It's ben a while since I've been there, but it is the cheapest legal way to download music.

They just raised their prices to $.02/Mb. Still incredibly cheap, about $1 an album average.

you can get I-Tunes songs in MP3 format... just takes a little work... I-Tunes has a built in CD burning software.. so.. burn a CD, then grab your favorite CD Audio Ripper. Then sell copies of the music and turn a profit. Not that i would know anything about that.... :)

Yea, I had to jump through similar hoops to get a few songs I PAID FOR off Napster onto my Ipod mini.
It was a real pain in the a$$. All the WMA to MP3 converters would not convert a Rights Managed File so basically I was screwed if iTunes didn’t have the song I was looking for. If I Downloaded it off Napster, It had to burned to a CD and then Ripped as an MP3 to get it play on my iPod. (Atleast that is the only way I could figure out to get it to work)

The Biggest problem with iTunes and Napster is that the selection SUCKS!! unless you are into top 40 crap. I miss the old Napster where you could find almost anything.

I use Napster and pay $.99 per song or $9.99 per CD (and no membership fee at those prices). I think that's a pretty good deal and it suits my need for instant gratification.

I also use the Media Guide in Windows Media Player if I just want to listen to a song or watch a video. It is free, but you can't save the files.

I don't think there are any sites where it is really LEGAL to download and save songs for free (unless it's the artist's page and they are giving away a sample song, or something like that).

Yea, I had to jump through similar hoops to get a few songs I PAID FOR off Napster onto my Ipod mini.
It was a real pain in the a$$.

Hey Jay, I know this is probably old news by now, but I just got turned on to the "allofmp3.com" website and if you're not already doin' it, it ROCKS! The IT guy at Tracie's office (who is really anal about piracy and stuff) told me he was using it and so I signed up and got a couple of albums last night...CHEAP! Like really really cheap, and they have this explorer interface you download that makes it a snap to do everything, very well organized. And the best thing is you pick the encode method you want and bit rate, etc. They offer mpeg4 (aac for ipods) as a format so importing into the itunes is flawless. Has all the tags and info so the ipod library is done right. And more about the cheap part, I just got the new Coldplay album for $1.71, I could have gotten it for a buck-twenty in 128 quality! And I can sleep at night 'cause I ain't stealin' nuthin' B|

It was a real pain in the a$$.

Hey Jay, I know this is probably old news by now, but I just got turned on to the "allofmp3.com" website and if you're not already doin' it, it ROCKS! The IT guy at Tracie's office (who is really anal about piracy and stuff) told me he was using it and so I signed up and got a couple of albums last night...CHEAP! L B|

Does no one read the FAQs?

Is it legal to download music from site AllOFMP3.com?

All the materials in the MediaServices projects are available for distribution through Internet according to license # LS-3М-05-03 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society. Under the license terms, MediaServices pays license fees for all the materials subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All the materials are available solely for personal use and must not be used for further distribution, resale or broadcasting.

Users are responsible for any usage and distribution of all materials received from AllOFMP3.com. This responsibility depends on the local legislation of each user's country of residence. AllOFMP3.com's Administration does not keep up with the laws of different countries and is not responsible the actions of non-Russian users.

So, under the Russian system it's legal. Your mileage may vary. The RIAA think it's illegal and have stated so in the international press, but have yet to take any action against the site.

I can confirm the legality of allofmp3.com You can legally buy/download mp3-songs from this site if it does not breaks the law the national legislation of the country in which you will be during that moment Sorry for my english.
Yours faithfully, the assistant to the lawyer of the Russian society on multimedia and to digital networks (ROMS) www.roms.ru.

Bahanets Roman Igorevich

For a lengthy discussion on the legalities of Allofmp3.com clicky

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I've been with Rhapsody for probably about a year now. You can't take the music anywhere-it only streams live to your computer. But you can have your own library and playlists. They're a reasonable price as well. It might be worth checking into for you. You may have seen them advertised at Best Buy; I think they are in some kind of partnership.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."