Kid_Icarus

Cool Breed of Cat. Any Suggestions

My GF is looking for a cat and i was wondering if anyone had or knew of any interesting or unusual breeds. She prefers short haired, something tiger looking would be cool.....

A Bengal would be a great choice.

edited to add:
A "rescue" cat would be an even better choice.

Walt

Shelter cats have done me right. I have 2, one I got as a kitten and the other I got at about 1 year old. Love them both dearly.

There are so many great animals stuck in shelters that are just looking for love and a warm bed/lap ;)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

My GF is looking for a cat and i was wondering if anyone had or knew of any interesting or unusual breeds. She prefers short haired, something tiger looking would be cool.....

Devon Rex - Short haired, hypoallergenic, extremely social/playful. Best cat breed I've ever encountered. Funny looking as a kitten (picture attached, and yes, that is a cat). The plus side is if you have allergies, you'll (probably) not die.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hows about a "Cog"
Half cat and half dog........
dependent on what gene is recessive...
Dog gene recessive:
You throw a Ball.......it WILL go after it but when it recahes said ball will stop, look disinterested and expect YOU to run over just to throw the ball again..whilst it licks itself.

Cat gene recessive:
You throw a Ball.....it wont chase the ball but will annoy the crap outta you until you throw it and THEN look disinterestedand lick itself.......until you pick the ball up again....

Actually on review...a Cog /Coggie/ Dat or Ditten is not such a hot idea.....
Oh well...back to reanimation....;)

Tiger-looking? You want a Bengal. High energy, loves water, can jump to the top of your door frame, will hide things from you, and mischevous as hell. All in a housecat-sized package.

They're a cross between an asian leopoard and a domestic feline. Gorgeous creatures.:)
Here's a previous Bengal cat thread I had on here earlier this year, with pics.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

You can get some adorable tabby (tiger-stripe) kittens from the pound or a rescue/shelter. Tabby is one of the most common fur patterns.

Both my kitties are rescue, and they're the most wonderful little fur-friends anyone could have. Plus, rescue kitties cost a lot less than breeder kitties, which leaves extra money for cat toys, shots, vet visits, food, etc...

Getting a rescue kitty is really a nice feeling, because not only have you gotten a wonderful furry friend, you've probably saved his/her life in the process.

I have to agree with Walt... Bengals are cool cats, but go for a rescue kitty.

I rescued my two psychotic cats from Skydive Temple. The DZO basically gave them a few weeks to live, then he would have to take them to the pound for the inevitable. I took them in at 5-6 weeks old, and they just turned 1! But, enough about my cats... Good luck with the search. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Go to a no-kill shelter. Have your gf sit down, and wait. One will come to her. That will be the one.

And it will be all good. And your karma will be extremely pumped up.

Go to a no-kill shelter. Have your gf sit down, and wait. One will come to her. That will be the one.

And it will be all good. And your karma will be extremely pumped up.

I agree. I was chosen by my cat. Well, actually he was left behind by some white trash when he was a baby and now he is my 18 lb. baby.