medusa

Leg strap testicle entanglement Incident

I had the nut go under a couple of times on some of the "universal fit" club gear (before I got my own) near deployment. I might have sucked it a little low readjusting that legstrap while backflying :$. I've never deployed with the nut still under the strap, I be that would huuuuurt.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

I will say that a very fast and tight jumpsuit I borrowed a few weeks back was similar. There was pretty much no room to adjust once I put it on. I think that under canopy I had a nut trapped under a leg strap. It wasn't really pinched, but reasonably uncomfortable. Getting kicked in the nads would be much worse than what happened, so nothing too bad.

July 4th weekend, 1995 - Karlovy Vary, Czechloslovakia

Ex-military jumper managed to cross the legstraps (quick snap). Luckily for him, it was a static line jump....he had the even-more-dreaded *DOUBLE* B-U malfunction....knocked him out of the lineup for the rest of the day...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Typical jump, uneventful opening, great 270, came out into a harness carve (see where this is going?) Had a partial nut under - when I started to come back out of the turn, the nut got pinched and then was shot back out. I managed to stand up the landing for a half second before I collapsed. Funny in hindsight - if it wouldve happened to someone else....

D'Bo

A friend of mine once pulled his ripcord while still on his back. He remebers saying to himself...f*&%ck this is gonna hurt.........while watching the pilot chute come up between his legs.

I dont fall fast.......it is you buggers who are slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when I started to come back out of the turn, the nut got pinched and then was shot back out. [....]

ROFL :ph34r: *gasp* that's funny... well... as long as it doesn't happen to me :ph34r::ph34r:!
Sorry. :$ Wouldn't wish that upon anyone... ouch! B|

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

Can you say... cup?:D Been there... done that. The boxer-briefs, seem to help in avoiding situations as you describe. Take your time, putting your gear on. Adjust 'the boys' and be sure the leg-straps are snug, yet as comfortable as possible. I see, so many guys getting in a hurry and not 'adjusting'.;)

Chuck.

when I started to come back out of the turn, the nut got pinched and then was shot back out. [....]

ROFL :ph34r: *gasp* that's funny... well... as long as it doesn't happen to me :ph34r::ph34r:!
Sorry. :$ Wouldn't wish that upon anyone... ouch! B|

ya same thought here.

Damn, I'm laughing at this thread so hard I'm crying! I've had a few, usually in my Bird Man suit, where adjustments are damn near impossible...

Nice way to end the day people. I'm smiling, laughing, and crying, and now I'm going to bed. Perfect end to the day! :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I heard a whuffo say once that skydivers must have 'balls of steel".

Now I understand what he was getting at .....not that skydivers are very brave but that they MUST have replaced them with metal ones.

This is the sort of thing that you shouldn't let happen even once if you can help it. As if a male would need reminding.
I'd almost recommend dumping low while you re-adjust rather than taking the hit.

Seriously though.... Severe trauma to the testicles is apparently a cause of testicular cancer and can affect reproductive abilities...worth taking good care .

Wear the leg straps tight so that they don't have room to slide around.

Many years ago I went through a phase where I left my leg straps loose, thinking it would help me arch better. The head of my penis went under the leg strap on one opening. Felt it as it was happening during opening, and could do nothing about it. Couldn't even lift myself out of the situation under canopy (pulling up on the risers). Ever since then, I make sure my leg straps are tight. And, as I'm cinching the leg straps, I do a Japanese squat to make sure everything is out of the way.
We are all engines of karma

I friend of mine had a rig that didn't fit him to well. His poor boys paid for it many times. He told me about one jump where he felt one of his boys slip under the leg strap as he was reaching for his PC. He siad he held the PC for a few extrez seconds looking at the ground and thought to himself........"It will hurt less if I go in!"

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

I only had a "partial" nut-under once....even so, I'd agree with your friend.

My worst one was on a military static line jump. Nice webbing, nice webbing
Dom

As a bonafide wuffo, I find this to highly enlightening. Keep leg loops tight... Japanese squat... move the furniture to the front room... Got it.

A buddy of mine had the dreaded testicular torsion injury, which is when a muscle spasm in the pubic area causes a berry to twist spontaneously on the vine, so to speak. There he was, standing there minding his own bidness and -- yoink! -- testicular torsion. Had to go to the hospital and everything. Good thing the doc knew exactly what to do... righty tighty... lefty loosey.

welcome to the dropzone.com

This is a good subject becouse either in skydiving and in rock climbing we have to deal with harnes and the posibility of a partial nut under.

I gues this thret is one of the few that Rock climber and Skydivers can talk about. So enjoy it! ;)
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

From a strictly technical perspective, your nuts should retract to the "fetal fear position" when you experience a malfunction, thus reducing your chances of entaglement with the harness.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

A buddy of mine had the dreaded testicular torsion injury, which is when a muscle spasm in the pubic area causes a berry to twist spontaneously on the vine, so to speak. There he was, standing there minding his own bidness and -- yoink! -- testicular torsion. Had to go to the hospital and everything. Good thing the doc knew exactly what to do... righty tighty... lefty loosey.

B|:D:D:D:DB|
Dom

:)
I met a girl once (or twice ) who had a nipple injury .

The injury was caused by her taking of her clothes.
She caught her piercing in her blouse and did some damage.

Since then I've heard such damage is fairly common with piercings in all sorts of places getting similar treatment during clothes off transition time.

OUCH !!!

:)