Girlfalldown

Are you a complicated sleeper?

me i like fresh air and always have a window open love to hear the wind in the trees outside or the rain hitting the window:)I work continental shifts so if on nights i will sleep on the north side of the house and doesn't have light waking me early during summer time.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I need to be able to stretch out when I sleep. If I can't, I wake up constantly. Otherwise, I can sleep soundly anywhere, any time. Planes, cars (even when I'm driving :S), boats, busses, trains.

In school I would fall asleep sitting up at my desk. Right as I'd nod off my neck would relax, my head would start to fall, and I'd wake with a start. Over an over, dozens of times during a single class.

I'm a pillow nut and same as you can't stand stuff blinking. I put my alarm clock over the little blinking light on my lap top computer. I don't have big pillows over here so I have one under my head, one between my knees, and I hug one. Doesn't replace sleeping next to my sweety but does good enough I guess. I also need a blanket. If it is too hot for a blanket I don't sleep well. The colder the better. Makes for better snuggling when she is there too! White noise helps a lot too. Currently I have A/C and a rather noisy ceiling fan to provide that. Depends on how tired I am though.........I slept sitting up in the seat of the truck today for a little bit. Of course.......I laughed when probably 30-45 minutes after I had arrived safely at the hospital today my pulse was STILL 92 after the adrenaline rush of driving the roads here. A lot of times when I get tired during the day here it is a let down from an adrenaline rush. :D I swear........I'm not hooked........I can quit anytime I want!

My wife will fall asleep on the couch with the ceiling lights on and the TV on. She'll be sound asleep like that for hours, but get in bed with the lights off, except the computer monitor when I'm post-whoring on DZ.com, and she'll be ragging my ass saying she can't sleep because of the light! >:( :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Same here. I can cat nap anywhere, any time for a few mins and feel nice & refreshed.

However, when I sleep at night, I do like to have it dark & quiet, and then it takes 3 alarm clocks to get me up in the morning.:$

The first time my wife spent the night at my place, I thought I was going to have to peel her off the ceiling when the alarms went off.:o:D:ph34r::)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Do you have sleep issues? You know those weird things that have to be just right or you can't sleep?
I'm realizing more and more that I'm sort of a sleep freak.

I wear earplugs every night. Even if it's totally silent outside. I think that's so my own snoring doesn't wake me up.

I need 2 pillows to sleep. The one under my head has to be a small feather/down pillow that's understuffed and the other one has to be long and flat so I can sleep with it on my side and cuddle it between my arms and legs because I can't stand my skin touching itself!

For some reason I can't sleep with someone breathing on me. If I can feel breath on my back, neck, ear, whatever, I have to pull the covers up to block it.

I can't sleep if there's ANYTHING blinking. If Like a clock or a radio that's not set I have to unplug it. If it's just a clock I usually have to cover it with something so I can't see it because the light will penetrate through my eyelids and drive me crazy!

Another weird thing, if there's a watch that ticks or a clock on the wall that ticks I can hear it from all the way across the room. "tick tick tick". It drives me mad! I have to bury the watch under a towel or something and take the batteries out of the clock. This is even with earplugs in! It's like I have this super-human hearing or something.

I feel like such a freak!

oh my gosh GFD, I was gonna post a very similar thread soon!!! :o
I HATE my sleeping patterns>:(. It takes me forever to fall asleep, I'm a light sleeper, can't fall asleep unless whatever roommate I have falls asleep first, and it has to be QUIET!!! [:/]

I wish there was something I could do. I am considering getting a high powered fan for my room because a fan blocks out a lot of noise; and I need to get a pretty sleep mask to keep light from waking me up.:|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I wear earplugs every night.

Me too! I've been wearing earplugs for at least 10 years, even since my ex started snoring. Now I'm used to them even though he's not there snoring anymore.

I need 2 pillows to sleep.

Ditto! The only difference is that both pillows are under my head. If I don't elevate my head, I can't breathe very well.

I can't sleep with someone breathing on me.

Oh, absolutely! People make king size beds for a reason. Go back to your side!

I can't sleep if there's ANYTHING blinking.

Yep, yep. I also have to turn the alarm clock so it's not shining in my face. If it is, I feel like there's a big spot light on me.

if there's a watch that ticks or a clock on the wall that ticks I can hear it from all the way across the room. "tick tick tick".

God, yes. I can't even stand to hear someone breathe because it's the same repetitive sound. Ticking clocks bother me even when I'm watching tv.

Other weird things...

Light wakes me up very easily. I could never sleep-in on the weekends until I got one of those eye masks. Now if I want to sleep-in, I put one of those on when the light wakes me up and I get at least another hour of sleep. I'm sure I look real cute with that and the ear plugs. :ph34r:

I can nap just fine, but at night I have to take Melatonin every night or else I'll never make it through the night sleeping. I'm lucky to get 6 hours of sleep even with that. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Its a little different for me...

If I am not at home, I can sleep almost anywhere anyhow with no care to the circumstance or conditions around me. I have fallen asleep in pretty much every type of vehicle, land sea air, I have fallen asleep at a rock concert (no i didnt pay, i was working) it doesn't matter much.

If I am at home, in my own bed, I absolutely need to have it cool, with some air circulation, and dark.

I have an alarm clock that has a switch on the back. When it is dark in the room it fades out. If i need to see what time it is I turn on the light by my bed and the sensor turns the brightness up its cool :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Sometimes, I have to have one leg off the bed and on the floor to keep the room from spinning. ;)

Amazingly when sleeping in a loft in college, the room stopped spinning with just the leg off the bed even thought it was still 6+ feet off the ground. :S
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I am a valerian addict

That stuff works great but it smells like poop. Seriously, take a whiff of the bottle. Poo.

lol

It also causes bc pills not to work for some ladies. Something for women to keep in mind if relying on that...

I have severe fly trauma. I have a very scary fly story in my past. If I hear even one of them little bastards... lights on and the little sucker dies. Otherwise no one gets sleep. B| I won't let them!!

Another weird thing, if there's a watch that ticks or a clock on the wall that ticks I can hear it from all the way across the room. "tick tick tick". It drives me mad! I have to bury the watch under a towel or something and take the batteries out of the clock.

Hah! I always thought that I was the only one with this problem. It was a serious issue with my boyfriend, cause he wants to be able to look at a clock whenever he wakes up. He's replaced all watches by electronic devices meanwhile.

I also hate every kind of noise except steady noise (like a river), but I can't sleep with earplugs either because they make me feel I won't hear the murderer in case he comes for me. :S

Light keeps me from sleeping too, don't like sleep-masks for their rubber-bands. I've found a cure for that; a (clean) black sock over my eyes keeps the light out perfectly.

And I can't sleep on my back. No special reason; when I lie on my back, I just stay awake. Probably forever.

But the weirdest thing of all is: As soon as I am travelling, all those neurotic sleep problems just vanish.

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)

...fly story in my past. If I hear even one of them little bastards...

Speaking of roaches...it is a fact that the most interesting thing in your house, to a roach, is the sweet taste of toothpaste. They love it. They sit on the end of your toothbrush and suck it out of the bristles.

Now, if you just brushed your teeth, your breath smells like toothpaste. When you are asleep with your mouth open, they could be running around in there hunting for toothpaste scraps.
:D

What? I'm just here to help. Providing information to the populace. :)

The ones who suck are the leetle coch-a-roaches.
Sitting there with their little antennaes just whipping back and forth and sucking toothpaste like it was mint-flavored ice cream. :)
My personal worry is the small ones that can get stuck in your ears. That rarely happens though I'll bet.

we have madagascar hissing oaches that we use for kids programs.... the little bastards bite , but anyways so here I am teaching the kids, holding a freaking roach the size of a shoe in my hand.... next thing i know he isnt moving... hes calm, and well it was all of 20 seconds before the kids would get to have a chance to touch him.... so instead of explaining life and death I convinced the kids that the roach was sleeping....

That had nothing to do with the thread... hmmmm trying to figure out my point...

Oh I got it.... GROSS and dont tell us stuff like that....

*mental note* buy new toothbrush DAILY*
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Ok. I will omit the roaches-in-the-ears stories. I did some looking on the internet. It is amazing. Apparently it happens all the time.

A search for "roaches + ears" gets more hits than "Prince Charles". Of course, if you've seen a pic of his ears, some may be the same websites. ;)
I'll bet that guy doesn't go out on windy days.

Either mineral oil or lidocaine will get them out.
(Not that it will happen to you if you are a light sleeper. :ph34r:)