LittleOne

Easier to sell rig with or without AAD?

I am about to sell my rig and have purchased all components of the new rig except for the AAD. I currently have a Cypres with 3.5 years of life left. I prefer to keep the Cypres and move it into my new rig. However, a rigger suggested that it is easier to sell a complete rig instead of the components.

In your opinion, is it much harder to sell a rig minus the AAD than a complete rig?

I want to sell the rig as quickly as possible but I have to decide whether to buy a new Cypres now. The container is a Racer so I will sell it with the Cypres two pin cutter, if that helps facilitate the sale. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Used cypres' are hard to find. Used two pin are non existent.

Someone buying a Racer will have a hard time finding a used cypres so the effective price (if they want a cypres) to get it in the air will be higher if they buy it without a cypres.

But you have little risk advertising the rig with or without an option. If they don't want it you'll sell it in a day. A two pin can be converted to a one pin by SSK at one charge.

Buy a new one, make it an option with the rig, and sell the cypres separately if necessary. You'll sell the cypres much faster than the racer. You can pull the cypres and sell it separately in a day.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If a beginner is going to buy your rig, generally he would prefer to have a complete rig including the AAD while a person with experience likes to keep it.
A beginner quite often does not want to spend too much money either then your rig including the old Cypres at low price should make him/her happy. That would be the chance for you to get rid of the compulsory annoying maintenance schedule with a Cypres by buying a Vigil II with maintenance done at your convenience only. It's a more user's friendly AAD with sturdy construction. Have one in your hands and compare it with competitor products. It's day and night.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.