Chris-Ottawa

PD Optimum - Where to find one for a decent deal?

Well after to speaking with a Icarus Rep about it... They have the same names and origins but both manufacturers have tweaked it enough that they are no longer similar enough to be considered the same.

What? There is only one manufacturer, just different locations. Can you please provide the name of the rep who said they are made differently?

I can not recall her name but I met her at The Farm during the Good Vibes Boogie this year.

I'm thinking her name started with a J... it's also possible I misunderstood her.

The basis of the conversation was that she explained after giving out demos of the Crossfire and Saphire, they would get complaints from people that had bought used canopies and then were not happy with the flight characteristics. Turns out they were from the different manufacturer. She than went on to explain (or so I understood) what I posted earlier.

i'm looking to buy a custom advance seven with a custom safire2 in it, a new cypres2 and a speed-reserve. anyone know where i can find a deal for say, 1'000$. i'll pay cash! :|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Icarus has a set price point as well. I am sure aerodyne will soon with their new CEO.

How does where the canopy is manufactured then play in? Meaning a New Zealand Icarus canopy is much cheaper than one made in Spain. The difference can't all be due to foreign currency changes, right?

A NZ icarus canopy is not much cheaper than in spain at all. they both work on the same price sheets.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store