matc

closing loop

Get a rigger to show you how it's done. Very simple, and very obvious, once you see it. Squish the weave together and watch it open up holes between the strands, through which the other end can be passed inside. It takes a special tool, too, called a fid.

I sat down one rainy weekend-day waiting for a reserve to arrive and started making them. The reserve didn't arrive until the next day. Now I have about 100 of them and an empty spool of cypres cord! I like the "tool" that comes in the cypres kit.

-Michael

It takes a special tool, too, called a fid.

Or another high dollar tool called "the rigger's magic fingertraping tool of fantasy." Which is a 18" section of safety wire (or similar non-oiled or coated wire) folded in half. Stick it through the weave, up to the pull in spot, poke it through and pull the other end into the fingertrap.

Be careful though, "the rigger's magic fingertraping tool of fantasy" costs about $0.01. Unless you make it out of copper wire then the tool costs about "$5.36.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I made one out of an old broken guitar string. The only downside is that I had some trouble taking the burr out of the end for the eyelet. Used some silver solder on it. I also destroyed a few pieces of wire trying to turn my TIG welder low enough to fuse the wire end so it wouldn't catch on the weave :)

-Michael

Sorry for that, I thought it was obvious. I got recently the Vigil Dyneema braid similar to the Cypres closing loop cord. But I also got the new Vigil washer which has one hole and 2 slots and which is quite easier to thread the loop thru. Vigil washer is made of stainless steel: See the picture: spool of Vigil Dyneema braid, Vigil washer with loop, Vigil washer alone.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

it's rigger magic, thats why we get paid so much for rigging!:S

Is that like the magic of the Keabler Elves?

Is this another one of your fairy stories?
Keebler elves live in trees and I hope you enjoyed your visit with them at Skyfest.
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239