wordstunner

Helmet for narrow head

Help! I've looked all over the internet and this site. I want to get a freefly camera helmet and/or plain freefly helmet for my long, narrow head. If you ride a motorcycle and know the Arai Profile helmet, which I wear, you know my dilemma. It seems all the helmets out there are for round heads only. And I have tried many. The closest to fitting my egg head was the Bonehead Narrow. But the large was way too small and the XL was too big. What the hell do I do!?!
Live like you're dying.

I'd describe my head shape the same as yours and the only helmets I've tried on that fit are cookie. I've got an M1 and then an MXV camera helmet and they both fit great, problem with other makes always gaps at the sides so too much lateral movement, though baking or padding might help if thats possible.

Good luck.
but what do I know

How does the helmet fit from front to back. That's the biggest issue I have. VERY tight from front to back with room on the sides. I'm a bit reluctant because these helmets are ridiculously expensive. But if they fit well, then it will be worth it. I am usually a medium, should I go up, down or stay there? Also, where do you buy? Are there any US distributors? Thanks for all your help!
Live like you're dying.

This was a reply to a PM but I'm posting it to this thread in case it helps anybody else in future

Sounds like we definitely have the same shaped heads! Mine is narrow (lots of sunglasses look to big on me as sticking out on the sides) but with quite a big bump on the back which means I take an xl hat/cap size, not that I ever really wear them. I think my cookie M1 might be an XL , the MVX camera helmet I've just bought is deifintely a L and its a little on the tight side but as the padding wears in thats getting better, wouldn't want it too much bigger anyway as snug fit definitely good for a camera helmet.

I bought them both at the shop on my dropzone, the camera helmet was only there cos someone mis-ordered their size. It was sitting on the shelf winking at me and as they're the only make that fits me I had to have it, but that doesn't help you much as I'm in the UK.

Cookie are Australian , check their website or email them for a US distributer? You're right they are on the expensive side but good quality and like I say they're the only make that fits me properly. Bit like ski-boots, you don't choose them they choose you.

The only other make that came close to fitting me was tonfly (think they're in east europe somewhere) but same problem as you with the size if it fitted on the sides was too tight front and back felt like I'd have a headache after wearing for 5 mins. Their camera boxes are also pretty rubbish from what I've seen but they are very cheap..

Hope that helps

Blue skies

Sam
but what do I know

This was a reply to a PM but I'm posting it to this thread in case it helps anybody else in future

Sounds like we definitely have the same shaped heads! Mine is narrow (lots of sunglasses look to big on me as sticking out on the sides) but with quite a big bump on the back which means I take an xl hat/cap size, not that I ever really wear them. I think my cookie M1 might be an XL , the MVX camera helmet I've just bought is deifintely a L and its a little on the tight side but as the padding wears in thats getting better, wouldn't want it too much bigger anyway as snug fit definitely good for a camera helmet.

I bought them both at the shop on my dropzone, the camera helmet was only there cos someone mis-ordered their size. It was sitting on the shelf winking at me and as they're the only make that fits me I had to have it, but that doesn't help you much as I'm in the UK.

Cookie are Australian , check their website or email them for a US distributer? You're right they are on the expensive side but good quality and like I say they're the only make that fits me properly. Bit like ski-boots, you don't choose them they choose you.

The only other make that came close to fitting me was tonfly (think they're in east europe somewhere) but same problem as you with the size if it fitted on the sides was too tight front and back felt like I'd have a headache after wearing for 5 mins. Their camera boxes are also pretty rubbish from what I've seen but they are very cheap..

Hope that helps

Blue skies

Sam

Thanks to all who replied. I will be getting the Cookie. Hopefully it works for me! Blue Skies!

Keith

Live like you're dying.