cocheese

Any unicyclists here ?

Buying one soon, but can't decide what kind. Thinking off road or maybe a 36 inch tire that goes fast. Something to ride at the dz is all it will probably be used for.
unicycle.com seems quite complete. Their "Impossible Wheel" looks insane.:o
The "B.C." wheel:ph34r:

men on unicycles scare me:|...especially if they're wearing spandex while ridingB|:ph34r:.

I guess there used to be a guy at our dz who would come around the corner of the hanger naked, riding a unicycle, and then he would put his clothes back on like nothing ever happened:ph34r:

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Ride it first. The pedal stroke makes a huge difference. When I was a kid I had one I could never ride very far. A friend had one with a slightly longer arm on the pedal and it made all the difference.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Schwinn (spelling) makes some nice ones. I used to have one of their 20" tire units, very solid. I got to try a 24" wheel for a while and it seemed much better to me. Gets a little more travel for each peddle stroke. I currently have a 20" that I got from a pawn shop for $20, can't remember what brand but is well built. I tried a 6' tall chain driven one a long time ago without much luck, was a lot of fun though. I brought the $20 one to the dropzone while on student status and had quite the laugh watching the instructors and camera guys falling left and right. If you don't already ride a good way to start is with the wheel against a curb and a peddle just below horizontal to the rear, step back on that peddle to bring yourself up over the wheel then go forward.
James

Hey Cocheese,

I have a 36" coker and going down the road it just rocks. However, it probably wouldn't work real well around the DZ because it sits really high and doesn't go over grass real well. I also have a mountain uni and that works pretty good for grass, dirt, curbs, pavement, etc. However, it really depends on the DZ because if yours has mostly concrete then a smooth tire 24" would probably also be fun. Hope this helps.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.